7/23/92

So this is day one of my journey into Bunny Smiles Incorporated, or, rather, what's left of it. Felix Kranken and Jack Walten have been missing for... Ten? Twenty years now? Time blends, and forgets, as they say. Anyway, they left this storage facility shut down that's in the middle of the woods, about a mile or so from my house. It's kind of an urban legend of what happened inside, but it's the main house for the animatronics for Bon's Burgers, this kind of Chuck E. Cheese style burger place. Well, without all the games and such. If you don't know what it is, it's mainly the place where kids have their birthday parties and play and have these robots sing songs to them. At least, it was. They shut down a while back, due to a handful of funky things going on with the animatronics. It's not a family place, let's say. Kids would walk in with dreams and things they aspire to be or do, and they walked out traumatized, if they walked out. But I have faith. The city bought the old restaurant, hired a team to rebuild and remodel the whole place. It's planning to open in about two months time, if I can get the damn things working again. See, I was hired to work on the animatronics. But I haven't heard exactly nice things about them, or the people that worked on them. It's this sort of urban legend about what happened, how a few people were "murdered by the animatronics" or something stupid like that. But be thankful, because I'm not one to believe urban legends. I thank God for jobs like this, it takes me away from the monotony of every day life and places me into something I'm comfortable with; working on machinery and electronics. As I type, it's 5:30 in the morning. I'm in my lounging chair with a coffee in hand, eager to get started on these "monsters." So, I'll see you there.

7:00 pm

The city had a meeting, called a few townsfolk in to discuss the reopening of this place. There was a girl there, late twenties, early thirties, I believe her name was Sophie. She seemed upset about the place, but I'm sure she's just delusional. But they eventually decided to reopen, and construction starts in a weeks time. They hired me to do this, and I'm now holding onto a set of three keys, one of which I'm unsure of the use. One goes to the main exits with one going to the back rooms of the place. So let's get in and see what I'm gonna be dealing with for the next two months.

Update: it fucking smells in here. Seriously, it's a mix of rotten eggs, human waste, and sulfur. The people around this part of town always complained about screaming coming from this building. But, to be frankly honest, it's deadly quiet in here. The only thing I can hear is the echo of myself speaking into this recorder. Wait- a fan just kicked on, I guess they rewired the A/C so I'm not burning alive. I would hate to die working on children's performers, especially The Showstoppers! Anyway, there's a door labeled "animatronics" so, I guess that'll be my new home for a few months. I'll update you when I get started with my work.

Another update, not as smelly as the other. But I'm in here, wiring up everything. I've brought my computer and a lantern so I can see what I'm doing. First, I've got the blue one hooked up to this, just a few more cables to attach and... Done! He's started. Okay. This guy is... Unsettling, to say the least. I feel like it's dangerous to even make eye contact. He's covered in rust- God I hope that's rust. His teeth are too long and sharp... No wonder kids were scared of these things. They're all like this, besides the ringmaster dude and the clown. So the blue dude is Bon, and that's all I'm focused on now. I've no need to focus on the others until I can get this one up and running properly. So if I press this button... Great! Okay, he's working. Slowly, but he's working. Arms... Check. Jaw... Fuck that's scary... Check. Eyes... Check? They only seem to want to move left. Odd. Well he's definitely going to need oiled sometime, he makes a squeak every time he makes the slightest movement. I've got to work on the eyes, that's the only major issue I've seen so far. I'll update soon.

Eyes- hello? Oh, it's recording. Eyes are working. But this is odd... Every time I turn the eyes on, they seem to stop every ten seconds or so and stare straight forward, almost directly at me. And when it looks at me, his mouth moves a bit, I guess he's trying to tell me something. Ha! Anyway, he's doing fine, besides the eye problem. I'm going to try to oil him up, get him sounding halfway decent. Be back.

He sounds brand new... Listen! Perfect... Okay, so I've just gotta leave him plugged into my computer, then he'll work. What if I unplug this... Okay, his head shut off. Great... Plugging it back in, everything seems to be moving normally. It's odd though, thing's about twenty years old, still works, brand new. It only looks old. There's a large rust stain on his chest, and a few small ones on his legs. So I'll need to paint over those, just getting the right color is gonna suck... Ugh. He seems to handle his balance well, the only thing I'm worried about now is the music not playing. So if that's the only problem at this point, to hell with it. Might as well be new. So I'm gonna wait until it sounds better to move onto any other things. It's been nearly six hours here, I guess I should head out soon. I'll be right back.

Yep. Dude's working great. I'll focus on adding music until every one is fixed. But at this point, I'm sure they'll be fine to sit here. So, let's go ahead and unplug him.. Huh. There's no way it can move after I unplug it, but I still see his eyes looking around. Which is weird... Looking back at it, I never did plug him into the wall... Maybe it's run on batteries. No matter. I do need to paint him, desperately. He's looking around. So I can go home finally. God I just can't wait for this project to be over. So... I need to head home.

I'm on my way out and I saw this old name tag. The name said Brian, a man with a face full of life. I guess he was an electronic engineer for this thing. No matter, I need to get home and drink something. Preferably something hard. Anyway, I've heard no screaming tonight... I guess it was just a myth. So I'll be back tomorrow, just need to gather my things... Thank you guys for coming along in this journey with me. I'll see you in the morning.

End log.