Prologue

3rd Person's POV

In London, England specifically at the Kirkland Manor. Four ladies have some festivities going on: an overnight party to be exact. It's a small treat after yet another disastrous meeting that happened early morning till early afternoon.

Giggles and awe echoes at the personal chamber of England's capital: Corinne, with her other 2 closest companions: Isadora and Franziska.

However, there was the odd one out.

"And then, they lived happily ever after. The end." Reign sighs happily as the other two ladies sympathize with her, but not far from them, a scoff is heard from another one of their confidants'.

"Okay, what is it with you this time Ms Bitter melon?" Ysa rolls her eyes at the 'Ms. Bitter Melon' with a sneer on her face.

"How silly that you still get amorous feelings on a bright romanticism that is filled with falsity and fabrications from people who wanted to disguise the real gruesome tales of this so-called 'happily ever after.' What are you? juveniles?" Jamie speaks with such an irritated manner; she can't understand how do people fall for such white lies?

"Oh boo-hoo! You can be a spoilsport and it's displeasing some of us who want to relive the magic of love." Ysa replies with such delightful tone that it earns a irk expression from Jamie." And you three had the guts to claim, I am the party pooper one in our clique when she exists."

Reign chuckles while pointing at Jamie." And for your information, we do know the real rendition of these tales, but we sometimes like to escape the actuality that these stories are dark and grim." She adds up to her statement." An escape from reality is what makes people foolish, for example. Do you honestly think that after marriage? Do these princesses get to live happily? That love stories always have a happy ending to them?" She looks at her friends with a stern expression.

" If you don't mind me asking, what is with you? Why are you so bitter about love?" Her behaviour made Fran curious.

" I just don't see how realistic these fictions are..." She reasons.

Reign smiled." Precisely darling, they are fiction. They are not meant to have a sensible plotline." And this made Jamie look away." Perhaps they should evolve into realism and write true-to-life romance tales so people can't be fooled that love is as simple as either a curse being broken by a kiss or finding your true love by leaving your shoes on the stairs. Please, the prince didn't even know what she looks like, for a prince? He's dense if you ask me."

Jamie stands up from her seat. "Pardon me, I'll need some fresh air."

She strides towards the balcony, making sure to close the door behind her. She takes out a cigarette, lighting it with her lighter and she goes for a smoke. With Fran's question echoing in her mind, she closes her eyes to feel the cold breeze of air.

"If you don't mind me asking, what is with you? Why are you so bitter about love?"

She seemed to have dodged the question, but why?

Why indeed?

No one close to her even knew, no one dared to ask as not to pry on her privacy and to respect her wishes.

What was her experience about love that made her so resentful about it?

One thing is for certain... it is heart-wrenching.

No one could ever be that pessimistic about tenderness and attachment if it weren't for a painful experience of a past lover, right?

She remembers it all like it was recently. The happiness she felt, the torment she had to face, all the sweetest words and endearment, the anger and resentment she blew out... the feeling was all too familiar for her not to forget so easily.

She despises it.

She loathes even remembering it.

And above all? She detests how much she still hears his profound and balmy voice, call out her full name.

"Jimena..."

The tone brings such nostalgia to her, no one ever called her by her full name but him... and him only.

But what could've he possibly done to make her regret it all and want her to forget the events and traces of interaction between them?

Just then, she brings out an antique and stained locket, delicately opening it. She looks closely at her painting of her and him. She's still puzzled about why she kept this. Why didn't she throw this away when there's a chance?

"All I want is to move past our past.

The sweetest lies and the bittersweet seconds.

But why do you still linger like a ghost in my mind?"

{A/n} in case you are curious about the characters mentioned in this chapter, except for Jamie and Reign ( I already wrote who she is ).

Here are the roles of the two extra characters mentioned in this chapter

Madrid – Isadora Amor Carriedo

Berlin – Franziska Julia Beilschmidt

Also, I don't own Hetalia and all rights go to Himaruya, but the OC's are mine.