light's sick day - light yagami

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

It was a long and dreadful day for Light. He woke up with a massive migraine which did not allow him to concentrate in his classes. Light spent the whole duration of his classes making sure he doesn't do anything embarrassing such as fainting along the way. However, not paying attention to the lessons for just one day would not have affected Light as much as it would on a regular high school student. It is Light we're talking about, the number one student of his entire school - or maybe the top student of the entire region of Kanto, Japan.

Light had his head down on his desk, arms over his head in an endeavour to alleviate the pain in his head while waiting impatiently for the school bell to ring. The coolness of the surface of his desk did relieve some pain but only for a few seconds.

"Light, let's go home together-" his classmate invited, only to waver when he saw how flushed Light's face was. "Are you feeling alright? You look like you're having a fever there," his concerned classmate asked. Light made an attempt to gather all his remaining strength so that he could reply to his friend as he doesn't want anyone seeing him in his weak state, but to no avail, as he just crocked a weak response and mumbled that he had other plans.

When he stood up to pack his bag before making his way to the Police Headquarters, a wave of dizziness hit him hard. Light's world kept swirling for what seemed like forever. Not wanting to admit defeat, Light continued to the headquarters with his whirling vision while telling himself that he was fine.

On his way there, black spots after black spots started to make an appearance in his vision. It seemed like it was a long journey towards the Police Headquarters, whereas, on any normal day, Light wouldn't be panting as much as he was then. The Headquarters was an easy 10 minutes walk from us school yet Light felt his knees could buckle anytime soon. He felt the blistering sun on his already sweaty skin and the heat made his migraine much, much worse than it was in the morning.

Eventually, he arrived. Clutching on the door frame such that his life depended on it, trying to regulate his breathing, he saw his father and the other task force members working hard on the investigation. Feeling slight guilt in his heart as he arrived late, he tried to walk to his desk, only to realise that his legs were wobbling. He commanded his legs to move again but he didn't have control of his own body. The floor swayed beneath him and before he knew it, he was about to fall over. Thankfully, the sugar-loving detective was there to help as he caught Light at the split-second before he could slam his face on the ground. Upon closer inspection, Ryuzaki frowned when he noticed the clamminess of Light's cheeks.

'For being the top in the cohort he can be such an idiot at times - coming here even when he knows that he is clearly sick,' Ryuzaki thought to himself. Light could feel his body getting heavier every second. Light's face was now buried on Ryuzaki's chest and his whole body was slumped such that Ryuzaki was his 'pillar.' This gained the attention of the other task force members which previously had their eyes glued on every pixel of their screens.

"Light!" "Are you alright?" "What happened?" The task force members each began to question out of both concern and curiosity.

"It seems that Light-kun is feeling under the weather today. I'll contact Watari to send some medicine and food to him. Not to worry Yagami-kun, your son will be fine," Ryuzaki stated. Ryuzaki then took Light's limp arm and placed it around his shoulder as obviously Light was in no condition to walk by himself. Both of them made their way to one of the many empty rooms in the Police Headquarters so that Light would be able to rest peacefully without any other distractions.

Beep... Beep... "38.3°C (101°F)" Ryuzaki announced in a slightly uneasy tone.
"How are feeling Light-kun?" Ryuzaki asked while positioning Light on the bed. "Horrible. My head won't stop pounding and I feel slightly nauseous but I'm alright, I won't puke anytime soon," Light whimpered weakly while rubbing his temples in an attempt to soothe away his migraine. The sharp pain was now threatening the back of Light's head. He gritted his teeth and closed his eyes, trying to fight off nausea and discomfort. This led to his eyelids getting heavier and heavier. Eventually, his body gave out and he succumb to slumber.

Ryuzaki found himself continuously starring at the teen. It was the first time Ryuzaki saw Light looking so vulnerable. He couldn't help but feel worried for him. Well, Light was his first friend. Seeing him toss and turn on the bed, probably due to his fever breaking made Ryuzaki realised that this was the first time he had felt a troubling feeling in his heart for someone else. He was obviously not used to this due to him spending his whole life just solving cases after cases.

"Light-kun, you have to wake up to take this medicine," Ryuzaki whispered trying not to aggravate Light's migraine. Light protested with a whine. Light was unexpectedly a difficult patient to take care of as he wouldn't listen to whatever Ryuzaki instructed him to do, unlike his usual self where he is quite an easy-going person.

After about 4 days of Ryuzaki playing nurse, Light finally recovered. Following that whole ordeal, Light made more effort to keep himself healthier. Not wanting to experience that entire situation again.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
thank you sm for reading this fic! it would mean the world to me if you commented or even voted if you enjoy reading it! i really want to hear what you think when reading this fic! anyways, i hope you have a great day ahead! <33