≤≥≤≥≤≥

It was a calm beautiful evening. The evening sun cast long shadows on the ground. The sun was sinking towards the horizon. The calm breeze was swirling through the window making the curtains raised in the air according to the rhythm of the wind.

Zarqa smiled softly at her adorable son who snuggles into her chest for the warmth of affection. She protectively wrapped her arms around him and smothered his face with kisses.

"Mama," He passed her a dimpled smile as he clutched his mother dupatta in his tiny fist.

(Mom)

"Jee mama ki Jaan," Zarqa smiled.

(Yes, mom's soul)

"Baba kab waapis aayenge. Unki bohot yaad aati hai. Unhone ne mujhse waa'da kiya tha ke woh mere liye bohot saari chocolate laayenge. Unhone bulaa de. Mai unko tang nahi karunga. Pakka wala waa'da. Mujhe sirf mere baba chahiye," Imaad lips pursued into the pout as tears brimmed down his cheeks.

(When will father come back? I miss him a lot. He promised me that he will come back. Please call him. I promise that I won't bother him. I just want my father)

"Imaad- mere bacche. Hamne aapko bataya tha na ke aapke baba kabhi waapis nahi aayenge. Wo Allah ke pass hai aur wo aap pe bohot proud feel karte hai. Aap itne pyaare aur acche bacche jo hai. Aur ham aapke liye bazaar se chocolate laayenge. Aap please mat roiye. Aap ko rota dekh kar hame bhi sukoon nahi milta," Zarqa lips wobbled up as tears flowed down her cheeks.

(My son. I told you that your dad won't ever come back. He is no more. But he is very proud of you. You are a good boy. Don't worry, I will bring chocolate for you from the market. But please don't cry. I won't be in peace if you will cry)

"Ham ne aapke liye meetha paratha banaye hai. Jaldi jaa kar khaa lijiye warna thanda ho jaayega," Zarqa's mother interrupted and his face lit up in excitement. Imaad leaped out from her lap and moved toward the living room.

(I made a sweet paratha for you. Go and eat it. Or else it will turn cold)

Zarqa sighed and moved towards the mirror to fix her messy hair.

"Kab tak aise rahne ka iraada hai? Maa hoon tumhari. Nahi dekha jaata tumhe iss haalat mai. Dil phatta hai soch kar mere jaane ke baad tumhara kya hoga. Yeh duniya tumhe sukoon se nahi rahne degi. Apni maa, ki baat maan lo. Tumhara kuch galat nahi chahti hu mai," Her mother said with teary eyes and Zarqa let out a heavy sigh.

(For how long you will stay like this? I am your mother. I can't see you in this condition. My heart is breaking just thinking about what will happen to you when I will be gone. This world won't let you be in peace. Just hear me out. I don't want anything bad for you)

It's not like she doesn't want to move on. She wants to move on in her life but it's hard for her to even think about another man. Her heart belongs to Kashif and him only. She is mentally not ready to give anyone his rights.

"Ham kisi aur se shaadi nahi kar sakte. Ham abhi bhi kashif se bohot mohabbat karte hai. Koi sawaal hi paida nahi hota ke ham kisi aur ko apne dil mai jagah de," Zarqa said in a determined tone as she moved towards the balcony to take out the dry clothes.

(I can't marry anyone else. I still love Kashif. There is nothing to be questioned anymore)

She settles the pile of clothes on the bed and started to fold it.

"Tum hamari baat kyu nahi samajh rahi ho. Yeh society tumhe nahi jeene degi. Tumhe pata yeh log tumhare baare mai kitni afwaa phaila rahe hai. Tum ek baar shaadi ke liye haan kardo. Tou hamare dil mai bhi sukoon aa jaaye," Her mother tried to make her understand and Zarqa let out a heavy sigh.