𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 3: 𝑮𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑪𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒓

Wei Wuxian approached the smiling Lan Wangji and his white bunnies as quietly as possible. He wanted to admire that beautiful smile longer. Lan Wangji looked so young, innocent and happy with the rabbits and Wei Ying felt his heart swell.

He accidentally hit his toe on a rock and swore out loud. Lan Wangji jumped away in shock, grabbing hold of Bichen and his smile was now replaced with irritation at seeing Wei Wuxian.

''Who would expect stoic, cold Lan Wangji to smile and play with little bunnies? '', cooed Wei Wuxian. '' Aww. Are you a big softie at heart, Lan Wangji? Quite scandalous, I say. It completely destroys your icy image.''

Wei Wuxian knew he was being hypocritical but it was fun seeing the scowl on Lan Wangji's face deepen.

Lan Wangji almost rolled his eyes. He was having such a nice time and this bothersome Alpha had to come and interrupt it.

Yes, Wei Wuxian is right. He had a soft spot for rabbits but why does this guy care so much about it?

Is he trying to make me feel ashamed of playing with rabbits?

''There is nothing wrong with adoring rabbits. If you're going to tease me about it, you might as well stop because I don't care about your prejudiced views.'' Lan Wangji felt heat creep up his neck in anger.

Calm down Lan Wangji. You need to control your emotions, he thought to himself.

''Aww, is baby mad at me? I didn't mean to anger you. I love rabbits too.''

''Mm.''

''You should smile more, Lan Wangji. It makes you look as cute as these bunnies.'', said Wei Wuxian, winking at him.

Lan Wangji's ears turned pink at the compliment. ''Don't call me cute and don't call me baby as well. I don't like it. I'm leaving.'' Lan Wangji quickly turned around to leave.

''It's a shame that you don't like it because I'm gonna keep calling you that whenever I get a chance. Or else, wait, can I call you Lan Zhan?''

Lan Wangji did not want to let Wei Wuxian call him Lan Zhan but he gave in at the end as getting called Lan Zhan was better than baby or cute.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was yet another peaceful day at Gusu when the peace was abruptly interrupted by a scream. To be more specific, Wei Wuxian's scream.

All the disciples stood by to watch the leading, strong Alpha Wei Wuxian run at the speed of lightning while being chased by a stray dog that accidentally got into the sect residence. The pure terror on Wei Wuxian's face at the dog which was playfully chasing him was hilarious to onlookers.

But Wei Wuxian was half dying. The fear coursing through his veins was suffocating him. Where was Jiang Cheng when he needed him?

He spotted Lan Zhan next to the Library and he yelled ''LAN ZHAN HELP ME.'' This was probably a decision he would regret later on but for now, he wanted someone to take that evil dog away. Wei Wuxian ran over to a shocked Lan Wangji and tried his best to hide behind Lan Zhan's slightly taller frame.

''You are not supposed to make loud noises and run here. I will have to report you. Are you scared of the dog? '', questioned Lan Wangji as he shooed the dog away.

''I don't like dogs.'', complained Wei Wuxian, trembling slightly. His usual cheeky tone was nowhere to be found.

Lan Wangji felt sympathetic. His heart tugged at seeing Wei Ying's scared demeanour. He had the sudden urge to hug the man. Lan Wangji stepped away from Wei Wuxian before he did something stupid.

''Your punishment will be assigned by uncle.'', he said, cold tone returning.

Wei Wuxian calmed himself down. He didn't even get the chance to say thank you before Lan Zhan was walking away like he couldn't bear to be next to him. Wei Ying groaned at the thought of punishment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

''What are you doing here?'', asked Lan Wangji, barely lifting his eyes from the book he was reading.

''Your great uncle wants me to write an imposition of 'I will not make loud noises or run through the hallways unnecessarily' a thousand times. And it has to be done under your supervision so that I won't be able to cheat. '', said Wei Ying, words heavily lidded with sarcasm. He sat down opposite the same table as Lan Wangji.

''Start writing then.''

''Ughhh. Why are you so dull and strict Lan Wangji?''

''Mm.''

''There you go ignoring me again.''

Wei Wuxian picked up the quill and ink and started writing. He wanted to get it over as soon as possible so that he could go swimming later. He sneakily glanced at Lan Wangji's serious but serene reading face when he got bored.

About two hours had passed when Lan Wangji noticed that Wei Wuxian had fallen asleep while writing. Lan Wangji was trying not to look at the handsome Alpha as much as possible which was why he had now fallen asleep. Lan Zhan was supposed to wake Wei Wuxian up and make him continue. But there was something restricting him from doing so.

It was the peaceful pallor of Wei Ying's face. He looked so calm and attractive while sleeping. His high cheekbones, long eyelashes and sharp jawline added to the beauty. Lan Wangji was so mesmerized by Wei Wuxian's sleeping face that he unknowingly extended his hand to brush a few stray hairs away from his face.

The contact made his heart jump a beat. He quickly focused on slowing down his rapid breathing.

Lan Wangji didn't know what he was doing. All he knew was that he couldn't let his attraction to the man before him mess up his plans.