Chapter 2

Gulf keeps himself busy with patrols and the latest water troubles. The sick aren't getting better and the food ration they have are getting lesser. Over 5000 thousand people to feed and food for less than 3000. They would not last a month. There are so many things to be done and there is no solution to any of it. If this is a sorcerer's work, he could get himself another sorcerer to end this misery.

"I found a solution." Gulf claims thankfully.

"I need the best sorcerer, present here in the palace before night."

Gulf dashes of to see the King to inform the positive lead to end their misery. The guards open the huge door of the court and he see his father discussing matters with the head physician. "Gulf." The King acknowledges his presence. "I have a good news father." Gulf informs bowing back to the physician.

"Before anything Gulf, Our Kingdom is not under a threat of evil sorcery." The King informs and Gulf gapes at his father. He turns to look at the physician and the physician nods along. "What do you mean father?"

"I went to seek help from the High Priestess in the mountains." The King starts, looking troubled and powerless. "This isn't a work of black magic or sorcery."

Gulf listens to his father carefully, waiting for the King to drop more burden on his shoulder. He can never complain about the troubles and burdens he has all because of the kingdom and people's affair because he had sworn to protect them all. "This is the work of God himself."

"What?" The reason sounds absurd in his ears. "God?" Gulf questions his King back. "Do you hear yourself father? You sound absurd!"

"He is here Gulf. He is walking around us, watching our misery."

~/~

Mew is indeed walking around the palace, town and villagers. Kragen had left to the Underworld to charge himself with souls and come back with some food for Dinus. Mew walks to the stable to check on Dinus but he is surprised by the Prince himself standing before Dinus, glaring at the horse.

"My Prince." Mew greets, taking slow steps towards his beautiful prince. Mew notice Gulf stiffen upon the word 'My Prince.'

"Aren't you a little arrogant?" Gulf snaps back at Mew with a glare. Dinus lets out an angry noise, frightening the Prince and Mew signals Dinus to behave.

"Am I?" Mew teases, standing extremely close behind Gulf. "Do you not like me greeting you like that?" Mew whispers, trailing a finger on Gulf's back.

"Answer me, My Prince."

"No." Gulf hates it. He hates it because it is him the one with authority but why is he submitting himself like that to this person.

Mew smirks, touching Gulf's hair, feeling the soft strands in between his fingers. "I am so sorry for my misbehaviour, My Prince." Mew whispers, kissing Gulf's shoulder. He hears Gulf lets out a heavy breath. "Let me greet you the proper way My Prince." Mew suggests.

Mew grips Gulf's hair and turns him around. Gulf gawks at Mew. Before he could protest and push him away, Mew is already kissing him. Hard and eager. Gulf could feel Mew's fingernail scraping his skull and he is already leaning against the wall. Mew pinches his nipple over his thin tunic and he whimpers, giving Mew the opportunity to explore his mouth. Gulf kisses back eagerly.

"This is not right." Gulf whispers after sometime, in between the kisses. Mew traps him against the wall, not letting Gulf go.

"Something is troubling you, My Prince." Mew whispers, nuzzling in the crooks of Gulf's neck, inhaling Gulf's sweet intoxicating scent. "Some matters." Gulf tells with a deep sigh. Mew places light kisses along Gulf's neck. "You are tense." Mew says into Gulf's ear, biting his ear lobe lightly. Gulf lets out a chuckle.