Chapter 2:Alarm

I was working in my office when I heard a knock on my door.

Stephen:Hey...are you busy?
Inez:Not really I've been rewriting this bloody article about a hundred times now.
Stephen:What do you say we go out and have some dinner?
Inez:I can't, but I brought you something from Giovannis ,you just need to heat it up.
Stephen:Okay,I'll leave you to your work.

And just like that I was left alone with my thoughts, and my laptop...

----------------------01:44 am----------------------

Inez:There goes my going to bed early...

I got up and went to the bathroom to prepare myself for sleep but for some reason I was soo tired I barely dragged myself to my bed,Stephen was already asleep so after quickly putting my oversized shirt on I climbed in bed and Immediately fell asleep.

----------------------08:35---------------------------

When I woke up it looked like it was earlier than I expected because Stephen was still lying in bed and just laid there behind him wondering the same thing I have for the past 4 months, how did we get here?

From love at first sight to barely exchanging words in the home that we live in.
Just recently I received the most dreadful news ever...it still hurts think about it but I do,all the time.
My loving husband had found himself a loving new girlfriend, a younger, prettier ,blonder version of me to use the exact words of the people that pretended to be my friends yet couldn't not use this against me...

My thoughts were cut off when I heard Stephen's phone ring from his side of the bed.

He quickly got up and left the room which felt like rubbing salt in my wound because I knew that it wasn't his alarm or some of his friends.