The Runaway

C H A P T E R 1

(Eboni)

I've been running for so long that I've completely forgotten how to smile, how it would feel to be wanted, loved, to be counted as an insider instead of an outsider. Ever since my stupid mother sold me to Edward for weed, my life has been hell, pain, hate and pleasure. The first night I was introduced to Edward, I liked him. He seemed like a father to me and for a girl that has never had a father figure in her life, it was I big deal. I was only 14 when he would stay over at our apartment and just chill with my mother and I. I knew that my mother was happy with him and that she loved him and I was happy for her, but then things started to change and as they changed, I began to grow apart from my mother's motherly grip. My mother and Edward would stay out late leaving me in this bad neighborhood with no food or drinks. My mother stopped worrying about me as Edward brought her further into his "business". Edward was the person in our neighborhood that was know to be a dirty criminal meaning;he was the whole reason why there were junkies and crack heads in this world. He was the one that made the disease and sold the disease to once innocent people.

Edward then got my mother into it. She was new to the weed. She had no self-control when it came to weed and that right there was her first stupid mistake. She got hooked. It hurt to see my mother like this and the one person that did this to her, my only family . . .My only everything.

"Excuse me? Ma'am? Your taxi is here." A man with curly Brown hair, warm chocolate eyes and pink firm lips said. He shuffled nervously then walked away blushing.

Who would've guessed that I, Eboni Mia Lynn would or could ever make a grown man blush. I mean I know I'm very pretty for a 17 year old girl but, dang. I must be more than pretty cause that boy stared at me like I was a fallen angel. I smiled while picking up my luggage and walking over to the taxi. I threw my stuff inside the taxi and hopped in. "Where to Miss ,"the taxi driver asked.

"New York . . ."

(Edward)

My precious baby girl is playing hide and seek, one of my favorite games to play other than hide and go "get it". The reason I like Eboni is because she's strong and beautiful, something you don't find in girls these days. She might not see those two powerful things in her but I can and I'm hear to tell you that she's perfect for me. She is destined to be with me. That's why I can't let her go. She's the only one that can complete me and help me regain my powers as The Devil. She's the only one that can allow the portal to the underworld to open. She's the one that will keep me alive before I die on this earth and rot to my death. I can't let that pussy the humans call GOD, win. He thinks he's a fucking big shot up there staring down at all these people. But I have a secret weapon for his ass . . . He won't win this time.

"Sir. She's not in New Jersey anymore . . ." My assistant named John said.

Well isn't that just great.

"What The Hell do you mean by, Sir. She's not in New Jersey anymore,"I said so annoyed. I can't stand this bullshit. I send them to find ONE girl and instead they bring me back bullshit . . . How loyal??

"I'm sorry sir-" I cut him off by lifting my hand. I close my eyes then sigh in announce.

"Go find her. If you haven't found her, keep looking, if you do . . .call me admittedly!!" I roared furiously. The guy winced then bowed his head and walked out.

I sat down at my metal desk and sighed. I'm gonna rot if I don't have her here with me, in my arms, in my world. I need her.