The Trip Pt.1

Megan's POV.

Rick and Daryl seemed to be really nice, especially for people that are still alive. Most people along Courtney and I's way would just pass us up, or would sometimes even try to kill us.

"So girls, before we go to the prison were going on a run for baby things. Anything like cribs, formula, bottles, pacifiers, anything in that area. It'll be great if you can find some stuff for us as well." Daryl spoke.

Courtney nodded looking at the ground. Then her head snapped up quickly raising her eyebrow, "You have a...baby?"

I hadn't seen a baby in, gosh, years. I wish we could have kept track of time. Before Courtney and I were on our own, we had families. In that family..was my baby brother. That was the last baby that we've ever seen.

"Yeah, lil ass kicker." Daryl said laughing. We started walking to the van so we could go on our run.

"What all do you have with you? Any food or water with you?" Rick said handing his hand out. We didn't have much to give him. We never really had much, we got to find a few deer on the street every now and then, but nothing ever big. Courtney handed him our water and our corn, that's all we had.

Rick looked at us as we finally reached the van. Carl gave us a smile, Brandon gave a us a really dirty look, I don't know why though.

"Megan, Courtney that's Brandon and Carl," Daryl spoke buckling his seatbelt. Okay, scratch that. I got Brandon and Carl confused. Carl gave us a dirty look, Brandon smiled.

I looked at Daryl, Courtney did the same. We looked at each other and immediately burst out in a laugh filling the whole car. We both knew what we were thinking. Now that we noticed everyone was staring at us questioningly we stopped laughing. "What's so funny?" Carl spat at us

I shot him a look, this may be the apocalypse but I'm not taking an attitude. "We were laughing because Daryl put his seat belt on."

Brandon rose an eyebrow. "Its funny because it's the apocalypse and he's still putting on his seat belt. Even though there's no other cars you can wreak into" I heard Rick and Daryl chuckle. Courtney looked at Carl, she looked intrigued in his face. That's when I saw it, he's the boy in the picture I found... Rick was the dad, where's the mom?

"What are you staring at?" Carl said looking at Courtney. I don't know if she noticed but Brandon smacked Carl lightly on the leg.

Finally Brandon spoke up "I never thought of that," he chuckled. I smiled at him, Carl should take up after Brandon. I looked at Courtney and gave her a lopsided smile. Finally we were off and minutes later we arrived at a day care center, a run down day care.

We got out of the car and I grabbed my knife. "You guys will need a gun. Carl give them a gun." Rick said. Carl huffed and gave both of us a gun. I looked at Brandon, who's eyes were glued to the ground. He hasn't said much, then again neither has Carl. Maybe we did something wrong?

~~~~~~~~~~

"Megan you go with Brandon to the other side of the building and get the walkers. Courtney you go with Carl. Rick and I will go together." Carl groaned and Brandon started walking..so I followed him.

"B-brandon," he stopped in his tracks and turned to me. "Did we do anything wrong?" He shook his head smiling at me.

"No, Carl is just a little upset. He's been going through a phase since we went out on a run awhile back."

"How old are you guys?" We began walking and we actually talked for awhile. They're both 16, Carl has a baby sister named Judith, mom died at birth when they found the prison. Turns out this thing has been going on for SIX years! I really wish we could have kept time. This probably meant me and Courtney were around 16 or 17 now, my brother would have been 5.

Finally we reached the door. "Ready?" He asked. I nodded and he busted down the door and out came a bunch of dead ones. I smiled before they reached us. This is a game I know all to well.

I looked at Brandon who didn't look as a missed as I did. I smirked at him, without me looking, bam bam! I shot one right in the head. I laughed and we began killing, one by one, skull after skull, until finally we were in.

----------------

Hi guys! Some of you know me, Megan, from writing Chandler Riggs imagines. As this story goes on I'll be writing all chapters in my POV and Courtney will be writing hers.

Yes, we know. Brandon is not a character. And due to the fact that Carl is 16, Judith will have to be born a little late, making her Rick's baby! The thing with the governor never happened, so Terminus was not found. A LOT of the characters are still alive.

But please vote for our story, it might be rough now but just wait it will get better! Thanks love you guys Muah! :*