[7]

Kimi POV.

Luna and her friends were chasing Lilly. Lilly was holding a rabbit. Something made the rabbit die. Lilly had bent down at a bush and let the rabbit go, an eagle flew down and grabbed it, then dropped it. That's how it died.
"Kimi?" Miyo smooths out her clothing.
Miyo has psychic blood, she keeps us safe. And she has refused to wear anything but green since her fourteenth birthday. Right now she is wearing an ankle-length green dress with layers of petticoats, spaghetti straps and buttons on the top half of the dress. Her brown hair is tied back in a messy bun at the back of her head with a velvet green scrunchie and a mint cardigan with dark green buttons hangs limply from her shoulders.
"Yeah?" I look at her,
"Something is coming. But there are spirits here with us," She brings her hands to where her heart is, "They will guide and defend us, but we have to fight as well."
"We always have to fight to. No matter how many spirits are helping us." I nod.
She looks fearful and her pupils dilate,
"Something else is here to!" She grabs onto my arm, "A demon! Two! Possessed!"
"What. . .?"
"Possessed!!" She shrieks.
Miyo falls down, clawing at her throat.
"Two! Possessed!" She screams.
"Fight it, Miyo! You're not going to get possessed! It'll be alright."
"NO!" She is screaming and the rest of our friends are running in, Sakura ushering the children into the nursery, "Possessed! Possessed! Possessed!"
"Kimi, go look after the kids with Lara." Gracie tells me, "The rest of you, defend! Lara? What's going on?"
Lara is. . .

She is lying against the wall, violently jerking and pulling at the scarf around her neck.
"She's having a seizure!" Someone cries.
"Alright, change in plan!" Gracie yells, "You four, stay here with me and help, Kimi you're on your own with the kids, everyone else get out and defend!"
I take Luna, Kris and Lilly to the nursery.
"Where's Ida?" Dylan asks, "She has my water bottle."
"Ida is on defense, she'll be back soon."
"Is Lara going to be okay?" Lilly worries,
"Hopefully she'll be fine." I reassure her.
"

What about Miyo?"
"What happened to Lara and Miyo?"
"Kimi, tell us please!"
"Pleeease Kimi?"
"Lara is having a seizure and Miyo is possessed."
"What's a seizure?"
"Miyo is not possessed, Kris!"
"What's happening???"
"Look! Fire!"
"Where?" We say together.
The kids and I crowd around the window. I spot Ida and Taurus in the left defense tower pouring buckets of water onto a wall of fire.
"Whoaaaaa..." The kids stare in awe.
Marin and Luna hide away in the blanket fort.
I hear murmurs of their whispers, but no words.
"Gracie told me to come help you." Rosalie comes in blankly.
"Thanks." I smile, "How are they doing?"
"Well. . . Miyo has stopped panicking and explained that she isn't being possessed, but she thinks someone else in the pack is. So... now we can't trust anyone. And Lara..." Rosalie bites her lip and a tear falls, "Has stopped having a seizure,"
"Oh that's great!"
"But after she stopped, she isn't here anymore because she had a stroke."
"Oh." My face falls.
"Lara isn't here? Where is she?" Lilly says to us.
"She's..." Rosalie starts,
"Lilly," I look at her. Her pale blue eyes, her lightning-coloured hair, her shy little face, "Do you remember what happened to Taurus last year?"
She nods.
"You do, okay. Well..."
"The same thing has happened to Lara." Rosalie tells her, "But sadly she didn't make it like Taurus did. Which means she isn't ever going to be here anymore."
"I'm never going to see her again?" Lilly says softly.
"Unfortunately, nobody will see her again. But you are not alone. We are here for-" Rosalie is interrupted by a loud wail from Lilly.
"I'm never seeing Lara again!" She cries, "I want to see her! I want to go with her!"
"Lilly, you can't go with her."
"Why not?" She sobs, "Why does everyone leave me? My parents left me in a box, the rabbit left me. Now Lara left me! Why am I so leave-able?!"
She screams, her pain echoing through the nursery.
The other kids are silent, and fidgety. They are watching Lilly, quietly crying with her.
"Kimi!" Taurus bursts into the nursery, "There's something you need to see."
"Now?" I point as Lilly.
"It's urgent. Ben and Sakura are here to look after her. She'll be fine."
"Okay..." I follow him through the trees.
Miyo, Jacob, Gracie and Maria are gathered around Miyo's crystal orb.
"What is it?" I ask.
"There's a new arrival." Gracie says.
"Miyo, who is it?"
Miyo takes a deep breath.
"Idony."
"That's impossible, she's dead." Jacob frowns.
"Look again, Miyo. Who is it?" Maria pushes the orb further towards Miyo.
She shakes her head.
"There was only one mistake." She explains, "Idony never died. She just entered a long period of sleep."
"So... what does this mean?"
"It means Idony is still alive."
"So, we can track her?"
"Yes."
"Are you sure you're right?"
"There's no mistaking it." Miyo says.
"That dot on our map is Idony Spivey."