Finding My Own Voice

Dear Ginny Weasley,

You are the most exciting character in the Harry Potter world. Your transformation from a shy to a bold and fierce girl is really commendable. You fell in love with Harry the moment you met him. You talked about him your whole summer. Your innocence and love can easily be seen when you sent that valentine’s special card to Harry in your first year at Hogwarts. We always loved the way you expressed your love for him. You are so strong that you fought the compulsion of Voldemort’s diary all alone. You fought like a true Gryffindor. Even in the chamber, the moment you got conscious you just forgot everything when you saw Harry in pain. You cared about others more than anything.

You stood by everyone whenever they needed you. When nobody was willing to go to the School Ball with Neville, you accepted his proposal and went with him as his partner, though you wanted Harry to ask you out. You always loved Harry too much that even when he became close to Cho and everyone was trying hard to make them end up together, you never tried to force your love on him. Your love for him is so pure and selfless.

You had me the moment you said, “Leave him alone, he didn’t want all that!” That was the first time you spoke in front of your crush in his favor, but after that moment you became my favorite witch. After all a first year had the guts to threaten Draco on his face, that too, where he could have “told his father”. 😂

I remember how flustered you were when Harry visited the Burrow. But even today, when I wander off to the second book again, I love you more, because after that, I saw you in a different light, in a different way. You were not the same flustered, all-she-talks-about-is-Harry, Ginny Weasley who was just Ron’s sister for me anymore.

You taught me that,”size is no guarantee of power”, because I was fortunate enough to not be at the “receiving end of one of your Bat-Bogey Hexes”!
Remember the verse you wrote?

‘His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad,
His hair is as dark as a blackboard.
I wish he was mine,
he’s really divine,
The hero who conquered the Dark Lord.’

I don’t blame you for fancying him. Who wouldn’t? And I don’t blame him for not liking you back. I mean, he was twelve, and you were not yourself in front of him. You were just how best friend’s sister who knocked her porridge bowl the second time she saw him.

When Harry came back to Hogwarts to find the Horcrux you were so happy to see him. You even forgot that your brother is also there but the relief you got when you saw harry was just so satisfying. And even when you knew he was going to fight Voldemort alone one last time, you didn’t stop him. You just had a parting kiss and went to fight for your world.

Ginny, I know you not only just liked him, but you stood by him in thick and thin. You understood him to the core.
Remember when you were so terrified that you were going to be expelled?

“I’m going to be expelled! I’ve looked forward to coming to Hogwarts ever since B-Bill came and n-now I’ll have to leave and — w-what’ll Mum and Dad say?”

You taught me how hard it’s being the youngest one. And yet remain the sweetest and the strongest.

Remember how you taught us to stand up against wrongdoers and show some nerve? Remember you said, “The thing about growing up with Fred and George is that you sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.”

Your sarcasm and witty remarks made me enjoy the book even more. Remember when you said, “Yeah, Zabini, because you’re so talented… at posing….“. I had had a hearty laugh.

Though you had many flings after Harry, you still never gave up on him. Your brothers gave you a hard time for dating so many guys, but you refused to slut shame you. When they said that you were “moving through boyfriends a bit fast”, you told them that it was none of their business who you went out with. We need more women like you in the real world Ginny. Mind coming over here?

You taught us to love without expectations. To love from a distance. I wouldn’t call your love obsession, because Hermione too knew more about Harry than he did. If that was information, your love couldn’t be obsession, right?

You taught us to be yourself, because the moment you started being “who you are”, Harry actually realized how wonderful you are. Remember when you told Harry, “I never really gave up on you. Not really. I always hoped… Hermione told me to get on with life, maybe go out with some other people, relax a bit around you, because I never used to be able to talk if you were in the room, remember? And she thought you might take a bit more notice if I was a bit more — myself.”

You were the youngest of the lot, but you were a perfect mixture of badass, sarcasm and feminism.

Oh, and by the way, Iwas aghast when Harry said he couldn’t be with you anymore and you took it so calmy. Remember you said, “But you’ve been too busy saving the Wizarding world. Well … I can’t say I’m surprised. I knew this would happen in the end. I knew you wouldn’t be happy unless you were hunting Voldemort. Maybe that’s why I like you so much.” You took me by surprised, and you actually didn’t sulk or cry. You knew the greater good.

Your courage and strong will often made me awestruck.

You were never afraid to stand up to the Ministry itself when it was interfering at Hogwarts, and you quickly threw yourself into battle with dark wizards in your fourth and sixth year. Girl you were just having your sweet sixteen when you took on the ruthless Bellatrix Lestrange, the most deadly of Voldemort’s supporters. I’m glad your mother stepped in at the last moment to finish Bellatrix off herself with the most unforgettable line: “Not my daughter, you bitch!”

From being an innocent child to a responsible mother, you have always been perfect. Your children are more comfortable with you and they can actually tell you everything very easily. You achieved your goals and even married to the love of your life. You really are the definition of ‘perfect’.

And I’m glad, Harry ended up with you.

So, how’s life with the boy who lived treating you? Hope you’re good.

From a boy who fell for the person you were.

•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•×•

And Here's A Concrete Type Of Poem By Me, Well, It Didn't Actually Turned Out As Poem But Still Posting It Here