Prologue: The call to service

Y/n pov

Gods... many of us humans throw out that word over the course our lifetimes. In the past it was our means of finding solace in what we never understood. Here in the modern day we have plenty of technologies  to explain;what never could've been  at that time. As a man of science myself I wanted to believe that within this multidimensional universe of ours;that all can be explained. We all did but some things are beyond the rules or reality we've grown reliant on. It all started when years ago we learned that the monsters we all feared; were the gods our ancestors all praised. We were never the top of the food chain;we were always holding second  place.  I woke up  next to one of my girlfriends and co-workers of Otaki Factory; Satomi Kanahara.  Our group  were researchers and engineers who's main work was in electronics. Every now and again though we investigated into unknown phenomenon.  After Satomi and I put on our outfits she yawned with a grin.

Satomi: Man old man  Otaki seems really fired up about this new project

Y/n:*chuckles* Well can you blame Goro after all we've got a chance to rebuild Jet Jaguar again. Ever since it was destroyed in that battle a year ago it's been stuck as a AI.

Satomi: Man it's so hard to believe that  a singularity like that could ever happen. I hear the world governments have labeled the whole thing as the Red Dust incident. 

I sighed throwing on our company jacket and spoke.

Y/n: Red Dust.....it's terrifying to imagine other dimensions hold such a source of power. I'm so glad we'll never have to endure that again.

As memories of what happened coursed through my mind Satomi  wrapped her arms around me. Turning to her I saw her smile before  kissing me while we hugged.

Satomi; Look I know you've gone through alot during that whole ordeal Y/n. But for now we need to try and move on alright?  We've got the funding to make Jet Jaguar and if we do;no one will have to endure that kind of hell.

Y/n;*smiles* Yeah your right Jet Jaguar comes first. Thanks Satomi... I really needed that.

Satomi: Don't mention it what kind of girlfriend would I didn't?