• 09

Happy reading peeps! (。♡‿♡。)

_____________________________________

Kai held Iseul's hand in his, his lips curled up.

"Let's go."

"You behave so awkwardly at times." She remarked, "where did you get lost?"

"I was thinking what would happen when someone here will get to know that you are here." He replied as they continued to walk to the bushes.

"Will they execute me?" She asked with a scared little smile.

"They'll have to go through me first," he mumbled underneath his breath.

"What did you say?" She stepped more closer to him to hear him.

"I don't actually know. No human like you has ever stepped in this word... They have earlier but that was before Grandsire Potere Spiritus put the condition in the spell that-" he stopped abruptly again as he flickered through everything he has learned and read about his history. He never actually paid attention to it before, right?

"Why did you stop?"

"You ought to be one of the finest humans, do you realise that?" He said.

"No, I'm not even the finest student in my class." She shrugged her shoulders.

"That's not what I meant, you are-"

"I am?" She widened her eyes at him, "speak up!"

"Whatever." He said and started walking again, dragging her along with him.

"I know what you were going to say," she giggled sheepishly.

"What," he said, his eyebrows joining in process.

"The only person who can get into the beyond world by the spell is the one who has a pure soul, a kind heart and nothing but love for Eidikos. It's the condition Spiritus put when humans attacked them, even in their Beyond world." She mimicked her grandfather. He didn't know who she was mimicking but he couldn't contain his laughter and started laughing.

"Am I that funny?" She rolled her eyes.

"Yes! You are, but why are talking like that? And how do you know it?"

"I was mimicking my grandfather, since I was a child, he used to tell me this legend about Grandsire Potere Spiritus and his Eidikos! I know it all and I cannot believe I'm right now in Grandsire Potere Spiritus' world." She spoke with her eyes shining like that of a kid's on Christmas. He loved how she referred Potere Spiritus as Grandsire Potere Spiritus just like he did to show respect to the ancestor of Kai.

"Yet you never brag to humans about being able to come here? Do you?" He asked, sincerely.

"No! I don't want humans to know about you all again, I don't want that bloodshed again." She said, her eyes still on his face. They were not realising how deep their communication was, their eyes were holding each other.

"No wonder you were able to come here." He said, a mere whisper, with a soft smile, his hand gave her hand a gentle squeeze. She just gave a lip tight smile.

"Kai?" she said again, he was looking at her without blinking. Hee voice made him lower his eyes and shaking his head, he said, "why do we keep halting, we're squandering time-"

He was forestalled by her, "but no matter what, we'll be left with good memories."

He sighed with a smile, how was she so juvenile, he was still mumb, she added,