Chapter 1

"I'm going to beat you!" I screamed at my younger brother, AJ. I leaned to the side as I turned my car with the controller. I had the bad habit of moving my body where I wanted to go on video games, as if that would help me somehow.

"In your dreams." He squeaked. His high pitched not-yet-gone-through-puberty voice got extremely annoying sometimes. But I tried to ignore it. He was right behind me and I was at the final stretch. 

"I must be dreaming then!" I yelled excitedly. I always won, but it never stopped feeling good. Passing the finish line with my car I screamed my victory to the entire household, which also led to me throwing my controller into the air and it landing on my brothers' head. "Crap." I mumbled. His cries echoed just as easily as my victory screeches. In a matter of seconds my mom was in the room.

"Jalen, what did you do?" She asked me as she walked to AJ and picked him up. "Why don't you let him win every now and then?" I raised an eyebrow, giving her a look that said, "Are you crazy?"

"If I let him win then my pride and ego would forever be dented. I'm not going to lose to a seven year old baby."

"Jalen! Don't talk about your brother like that. Turn off the GameCube and go clean your room." She snapped, as if cleaning my room was a punishment. Bending down I pushed the power button on the GameCube, then walked down the hall and into my room. Once the door was closed and locked, I opened my laptop and grabbed my Portable Game Device (PGD) While I waited for my laptop to boot up, I played Infection AKA the best game in the world. Pressing the first save out of three, my character popped up in the meeting room at HQ. I was getting a lecture from the general about how I needed to minimize the use of grenades.

"Can't escape the nagging, can I?" I muttered. I set the PGD down on my desk and turned back to my computer. Opening up the internet tab, it came up and I typed in to the website GamerConnect. The conversatio for Infection had ended and a mission was ready to begin. Spinning in my black office chair I smiled at the small screen as my character was put into the middle of a burning city. "Yes. This is perfect." I chuckled, moving my male character around with the D-Pad. I walked around a building where I caught five different zombies feasting on a screaming human. The graphics in the game were amazing. It almost looked like a real guy being eaten. I liked that.

"Die!" I screamed, pressing some of the buttons which made my character pull his gun off his back and shoot up the zombies. I winced, bad move. Red lights blinked on the rim of the screen which meant my noise had attracted more zombies and they would be seeking me. I moved my character into the building I stood by, it was an apartment complex. Taking the stairs, I killed a few more zombies with melee weapons until I made it to the roof. Once at the top of the building a building out a sniper rifle, zooming in and shooting the first zombie I could find in the head. "HA! In your face, literally." 

"Jalen? Are you cleaning your room?" I heard my moms' voice echo down the hall. 

"If I say yes will you believe me?" I yelled back, I could already see her shaking her head at the reply. "Yeah. I am." I said after a while of silence.

"Good."

I finished the mission and threw the PGD to my unmade bed. Turning back to my computer I logged in on GamersConnect. Once the page finished loading it immediately brought me to Star Chat Room. 

Fortified47: Online

JJKoolness: Watz up Forty!

I smirked at his nickname for me.

Fortified47: Hey J

HeadSlayer: Online

HeadSlayer: Forty. Play any Infection lately?