Chapter 4 - Stuck

I spent all weekend worrying about Ashley's return and what it would mean for my usually quiet life. Not only was I worrying about the Ashley situation but I was also coming to terms with my decision to end things with my boss Bakugo, and wondering how I would break the news to him. Monday quickly rolled around as I prepared for my day at work.

——————————————————————

I paced back and forth in my apartment as I muttered to myself.

"Look it's not that I don't like sleeping with you .... well no .... I just need more stability? No, I just need ... to get my life together ??" I muttered as I ended on a loud sigh.

My phone dinged loud enough to snap me out of my trance. I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket and read the text message.

Bakugo: Please tell me your ready to go? The driver is trying to make small talk with me and I'm about to blow this whole limo up.

I chucked to myself as I read his message.

I mean that's cute right, he's asking if I'm ready and that... no that's just him being anti social....

Me: I'm ready...

I almost felt rude sending the message so bluntly. But this was what I needed to help my impending  break up be easier on myself.

I mean could I even call it that? We had only been friends with benefits and nothing more,
It wasn't like I was breaking his heart or anything ... right?

I clutched onto my phone tightly as I waited for the limo to arrive outside my apartment. I took in a deep breath as I closed my eyes waiting.

Don't complicate this, just end it... Bakugo will understand... he doesn't even like you like that so he wouldn't even think twice about it ...

My own thoughts broke me out of my trance.

Would he really not think twice about calling it off with me. Maybe . Maybe not...

Why did it matter? I was about to break up with him, if I wanted it to last I would ask him right?

Right??

"Hey!" A voice yelled out from in front of me.

I jerked my head up and saw Bakugo hanging out of the limo window.

"You finished day dreaming?" He asked with a chuckle.

"Mmm yeah." I mumbled as I hopped into the back of the limo with Bakugo.

I let out a loud sigh as I sank into the leather seat.

Bakugo noticed and raised an eyebrow at me. "Big weekend?" He asked.

"No." I said quickly dropping the conversation.

The limo went silent for a while as we made our way to the commercial shoot. I opened my laptop and began to re-read the agenda for today slowly clicking away at the keys.

Bakugo looked out the window and moaned. "I love how I'm the one who hates going to these things and yet here you are sulking in the corner over there."