fourteen: the plan

"Shit," Kate mumbles, walking back and forth.

"What's wrong?" Deena asks, placing her hand on Kate's arm. "The plan, the thing, with Briar. So he would stop messing with us."

"Let's go," Sam pipes up, walking over to Deena's phone. She punches in a number and puts it up to her ear. "Hey, Briar? Can you come by my house? Think there's somethings we need to take care of. Great, thanks," she places the phone back in the holder. "Ready?"

"Sam, you sexy smartass," Deena jokes, earning a playful nudge from Sam. "You guys ready?" Simon asks, earning nods from the others.

They walk over to Sam's house, Kate vividly explaining the plan. Once she finished, they nodded. Simon and Kate stood in the closet, Deena sitting on the rooftop, Sam waiting at the door. With a knock on the door, she opens it.

Before she can even speak up, she's greeted with him kissing her. And she hated it, gosh she hated it so much, but she had to do this, so he wouldn't get in the way of her, Deena, Simon and Kate. And so none of them would get hurt anymore because of him.

He pulls her upstairs, throwing his shirt off. And as she falls onto the bed, the closet pulls open, and he turns around, which results in a kick to the face with the sole of Kate's shoe. Simon grabs him, but he gets thrown off onto a pile of Sam's trash, and then Sam gets up, standing by the wall.

"You planned this, didn't you?" Briar yells. Deena climbs through the window, pushing him as hard as she could. "We've got you now," Kate grins, helping Simon up. "Cornered now, aren't you, Briar?" Simon teases. Briar clenches his fists, kicking Simon and Kate down and pushing Deena and Sam out of the window. He gulps, realizing what he had just done.

Deena held onto Sam before being pushed out, their hands together as they fell down. Deena softened Sam's fall, as she was laying under her.

"You piece of fucking shit!" Simon yells, pulling Briar back and throwing him onto the drawer. "I'll keep him here! Go check on them!"

Kate freezes.

"Go! GO!"

She gulps and nods, running downstairs and out the door. Simon struggles keeping Briar in grip, but he uses all of his strength to, and he succeeds.

The feeling of the wind blowing on Kate's skin as she stares at the two, on the wet grass, was enough to chill her to the core. Her fist unclenches, the sound of the sudden rain pouring down as she walks over to the two, her hands shaking.

"Deena? Sam?" she asks, her voice cracking. She puts her cold hand up to Sam's face, earning no response from the two. "Guys?"

She sits back, looking at her shaky hands. Simon brought Briar to a station, bringing back ambulances, since he had alerted the station.

Kate was still sat there, even after the doctors picked the two of them up. She didn't know what to do, her mind went back to Deena's situation when she had got stabbed. The doctor walks back over to her, making her jump a little. "Hello?"

"Ms. Schmidt?"

"Y-Yeah, that, that's me," she stutters, placing her hands in her lap. "They're fine. Just some back damage, just let them get some rest."

The relief that flew over her was almost enough to warm her up. Quickly standing up, she walks over to the two girls, panting as if she had been holding in her breath the whole time. "Deena, Sam," she sighs loudly, a faint smile tingling on her lips.

"Did you get him?" Sam stammers, and Kate just replies with a nod. The blonde holds hands with the brunette who lay on the board next to her, squeezing her hand. "You okay?" she asks, mainly pointing it to Deena, but asking Kate and Simon too.