Chapter 9 - Itachi Uchiha

"Are you alright, Daimyo-sama?"

Kakashi, Shikamaru was helping the Daimyo to rest in his private place, out of guilt because they let such incident happen to him. However, since the Daimyo had lived quite long, he took this matter quite wisely. "Things like this... It would be naïve to think that no one would ask for retribution as the darkness in the village still existed. Anyway, are you sure with what you said, Hokage?"

"My apologize." Kakashi could only say that to him. He knew that he had passed his boundaries regarding the Mizuki clan request. Although the matter was happened internally, the other five countries would give their eyes on it since their clan were somehow and someway had an important trace for their village history before. So, taking this one-sidedly might be taken as a selfish and impulsive decision. "But, we will try to figure it out somehow."

"Well, it was not like we could not expect this," said Daimyo. "After what we have done, of course an improvement should be done to prevent such thing like this to be happened again. However, Kakashi, there are times when a leader should take a difficult road. And this time, I suppose you already choose one. That is what I am worried about. What will you do to both of them? Especially the sister who has hatred bounds to her bones."

"Yes, I'm aware with it. But things like this is not the first time happened in the Shinobi world," said Kakashi. He suddenly remembered about Naruto and Sasuke and hoped that this case would end the same. "And the people who had won against the curse of hatred are going with her right now. So, I suppose we could only put our faith on them."

Kakashi knew that it wasn't that simple afterwards. He didn't know if what they could do to repair this would be enough for them to compensate what the village had done toward them. However, no matter hard it would take, no matter how difficult it would be to convince the five Kages and the others, Kakashi would make sure that it would happen.

Or else, there was no meaning for him to be a Hokage.

"I'm surprised that you did not even ask for Konoha to bend their knees." Yet, although the Daimyo said that, both of them knew it was still meaningless even there was a possibility to do it. The brokenness that happened needed a change within the village rather than just words only. "Kakashi, let's say this is your plan A. Your best bet if everything ran smoothly. Now, I would like you to tell me the plan Z when everything that will happen is not like you expect to be."

And that's what not Kakashi wasn't expected to hear. Although he was a person who couldn't be swayed easily by pressure, things like this somehow now challenging enough that made him thought again for several times. What was the Daimyo thinking?

***

At last, they came back to the old village an hour later, thanks to Sasuke's Susanoo. The reason why Sakura asked them to come back here was because the distance was reachable to the alleged place where her sister was. So, if they needed to make the next move, they would be ready to go anytime. "So, what's up, Sakura-chan?" asked Naruto to continue the conversation.

Sakura took a deep breath. This might be painful for everyone to talk about this, especially Sasuke. So she took a deep breath to brace herself and said, "Before that, Riku, I would like to ask you something first. Itachi... Was he coming here approximately three years ago?"

"What...?!"

Sasuke looked so astonished which Sakura already expected it to come. But, Riku only gave her a straight look. Reading that stare, Sakura said, "You didn't know about it, right? Because the village was already moving when he came."

"Wait. Wait. Wait. Sakura-chan, so Itachi came here?"said Naruto also gasped with the revelation. "To this village?"

"Yes. And met with Rei."