Planet Euphoria

CHAPTER 1

An organisation called the S.S.F (Scientific Space Findings) initiated a top-secret institution called the C.P.O (Civilian Protection Organisation). This foundation protects civilians from potentially harmful scientific space findings. On July 20 1969, man first laid step on the moon. The biggest finding that they made that day has been kept secret from the public all this time. It appeared to be a human male.

July 24, 1969

“Male, Caucasian and looks to be in his mid-twenties. The alien appears completely human from the outside. We believe that it is going through some type of hibernation stage; we don’t want to wake it up and we’re not sure if we even can. What are we going to do, Sir?”

“Well...Dr McKenzie we’re not going to go around telling everyone about the existence of this creature, are we? We‘re considering one option: Cryopreservation.”

“What is that, Sir?” I ask fascinated to understand what this is.

                “It is a new and risky development; it involves freezing cells or whole tissues to sub-zero temperatures. It preserves a body for as long as you desire.”

“Can we ‘wake him up’ whenever we want?”

“It is very complex. We have not found a solution to wake the individual and they’re back to their breathing selves. We’re hoping with later technologies and discoveries we can restore the individual’s life. I have a meeting now Dr McKenzie, I want a full report of the exterior of the extraterrestrial as soon as possible.”

Dr Harrison walks off in fast pace.

*                             *                             *                             *

I am alone, examining the alien in a high security laboratory. The entity appears to be young, mid twenties approximately. He is a tall around 6ft. He has dark straight brown hair that is pushed to the right side of his face. He has dark green eyes and a muscular figure. I also note that he has scaring and wounds in many places on his body; a small scar all his left eyebrow, a relatively fresh looking wound about 8cm long on his right arm, another wound that looks similar about 20cm long near his left rib cage and a cross looking scar on the right ankle.

I write these features down and then attend to write up a report for Dr Harrison. As I am about to leave the room, I glace back over at the alien...or the man as I see him. He almost looks lifeless. I then walk out of the lab and don’t look back...

November 12, 2013

Someone’s life can be taken or stolen from us in a second. As I watch my mother be lowered below the earth’s surface, I think back to what I could have done.

I remember the boy clearly, younger than me. He approached us at a fast speed, faster than the usual teenage boy. The gun shot was loud, louder than a stampede of elephants. She did not cry, she did scream but tears from eyes fell fast to the ground. “I love you,” are the last words my mother ever said to me. She was my only family, and her life was taken on a random attack. In a few seconds the only person I trusted was dead.