The Start, and the End.

-

-

The school was holding a dance, much like prom but it wasn't as fancy or whatever. The school literally just announced last week that they were holding a school dance to allow the students to blow off some stress due to recent villain attacks and exams.

Most students were ecstatic, already calling up their friends to go shopping for outfits and whatnot. Some were even asking out people, as a date, to go to the dance! But poor, Shoto Todoroki, did not plan on going to the dance. Even if he did, he had no friends to shop with, and didn't think he would look good in a suit. So, he just planned on staying home and wait for this school event to pass.

But while waiting in bed, two days before the dance, he got a call from his dear friend, Izuku Midoriya. The call went something like this:

"Hello?"

"SHOTO!"

"I can hear you, Midoriya. No need to yell..."

"Okay whatever but me, Uraraka, and
Iida are going to go shopping tomorrow
for the dance! Wanna come with us?"

"Ah, no... I wasn't planning on going, sorry, Midoriya."

"Oh, seriously? I mean that's fine, but
we're probably not gonna have
an event like this until we
graduate, or something!

"I know but-"

I mean we only live once, right?
You should come with us!
You'll have fun, I promise. Plus, you
might even score a dance with
your crush!"

".....Okay."

"Cool! Just meet us at the mall tomorrow at 3, see you then, Shoto!"

"See you, Midoriya."

Once the call ended, Todoroki let out a long sigh. He ran his calloused hand through his dual-colored hair. Was he seriously going to the dance? I mean he only agreed to it so he could possibly get a chance to dance with his long-term crush, but it wasn't exactly necessary. Though, it would be nice to dance with the blonde male, Todoroki thought that maybe he shouldn't have agreed after all. His crush was a guy, would people question them and give them strange looks of they did end up dancing together? Todoroki wasn't sure, but it was like Midoriya said. You only live once.

So the next day, Todoroki gathered the courage to get ready and ride the bus to the mall. All he brought was a small tote bag that contained his phone, hand sanitizer, a small comb, and his fathers wallet.