A Foggy Night (PROLOGUE)

"Man, it's getting late.."
Ash stretched, letting a yawn abruptly fall from his mouth. He was careful not to wake a certain pikachu already asleep on his shoulder. It appears those two aren't the only ones who're ready to get some rest, though... It took a moment for someone to respond. Walking along the path of a forest decorated in fog isn't exactly ideal for an extremely tired group of people, especially at night when it's even harder to see from the darkened sky.

"Yeah, we should get some sleep already..." Serena complained. She looked about ready to start bawling from exhaustion. "my legs are killing me from all that running!"
Literally. Everyone appeared to be walking like zombies.

Bonnie tugged on her brother's jumpsuit, rubbing an eye with her free hand. "Clemont?"
She talked quietly, as if she were constantly whimpering out everything she's saying.
"Can you get the tents out please?"

no response.

"Big brother?"

"uh?"
The blonde boy lifted his head to reveal dark eyebags, and a pale, sweat covered face. He appeared worse than anyone else here, sick almost.

Bonnie exclaimed, and it didn't take much time for the others to stop walking to glance at Clemont and react the same.

Serena's jaw dropped.
"Clemont! you look-!" she was then interrupted by her ravenette friend, who was just as, if not more concerned.
"Awful.!" 
Ash immediately went to go provide support for Clemont. As soon as he felt Ash's arms get a firm grip on him, he melted into the gesture with a shaky sigh.

"I'm..." He panted. "...So tired..."

"Oh no, that's right!"  Bonnie cried. "Ash, why was racing to our next stop a good idea again?! Clemont is a slow runner!"

"...Well, I couldn't just let the opportunity slide, Pikachu and I had something going on there..."

The yellow Pokémon, now on the ground, shook it's head.
"Pika, Pika.."

"...You're right buddy." Ash's eyebrows curve further, expressing how concerned he really is.
"I'm sorry Clemont, I sorta forgot about that.." He attempted to explain with a wide smile,  "how about we take out the tents and finally rest up for tonight, like Bonnie said?"

He once again looked up to meet the trainer's rich, brown eyes. It's almost like Ash alone restored his stamina; only if it was just enough to put the tents up, he swore it was something in Ash's smile, or his success at lightening the mood so quickly... he couldn't quite put his finger on it. What ever it was, Clemont couldn't help but smile back as a light rose colour began to vaguely tint his cheeks.
"...Yeah, let's do it."
He affirmed. Serena and Bonnie both smiled too, happily high fiving each other with both of their hands; quietly cheering to themselves as well. Those two always seemed to be getting along really well. If anything, Bonnie was more of a sister to Serena than Clemont!

And so, the trainers set off to find a space at the side of their path, just wide enough to fit two tents. Every direction they turned to seemed to be a cage of trees, but it isn't like they can just sleep in the middle of the path. Just to their luck of course, they do finally win the lottery of wide spaces, and find themselves sleeping sooner than they'd like to admit, as if they were knocked out in a pokémon battle. All that's left to do is wait for the sun to rise again.