°•. ✿ .•°

I hope you like the one-shot. It's just a cute fluffy date idea I had for the pair!

-Jay

~~~

Flushed cheeks and fidgeting hands. Reki stood outside a large building, patterns of sea life swimming on the walls. The afternoon was crisp and rather chilly, a normal day for the area in winter.

Reiki's hair was surprisingly combed, and it was even pulled back into a small ponytail, strands of hair framing his face and falling into his eyes.

Usually, he would have worn his iconic blue and white headband, but he had somehow spilt coffee all over it and it needed a wash, plus this was a special occasion for him.

Looking up from his phone, the redhead headed boy anxiously looked around, before glancing back down at the time.

They were supposed to meet here ten minutes ago, so where were they?

"Reki" a soft voice called "Sorry I'm late"

"Langa, I thought you ditched on me" Reki felt his cheeks go red, and not from the cold.

They both chuckled, awkwardly shoving their hands in their pockets.

"Sorry, I got stuck" the Canadian sighed, giving his date a small smile. "I didn't know what to wear"

Looking the male up and down, Reki was a bit shell shocked at the outfit choice. An oversized white shirt with a pair of black cargo pants and some converse. Basic to say the least but it looked absolutely stunning on Langa, well in Reki's opinion it did.

"Do I look okay?"

"O-of course" the redhead managed to stutter out, forgetting that he was staring "you look great," he said.

An awkward silence surrounded the pair, both not knowing what to say, butterflies getting stuck in their guts.

"How about we go in?" Langa broke the silence, pointing over to the entrance of the decorated building.

"Oh, yea of course. Have you ever been to the aquarium before?" Reki replied, leading the way and opening the doors for his date.

"Thank you"

"Welcome, how may I help you today?" A lady asked from the front desk, her kindred smile putting the two teenagers at ease.

"Could we please get two entry tickets?"

The redhead asked, pulling out a card in preparation to pay.

"Of course, would you be interested in our penguin feeding exhibit, if you pay a bit extra you can help feed them. Though they are still available to just watch, free of charge" she pulled out a booklet and handed it to Reki, taking him through each penguin and their specialised diets.

"Langa, do you-" he couldn't even finish his sentence as he looked at his friend.

Langa was eagerly looking over at the booklet, paying more attention than Reki ever could. His eyes seemed to sparkle with life, a rarity of an occasion.

"S-sure, how much is it?" Reki signed, giving into the other boy's excitement.

After paying, the pair walked into the aquarium, their eyes quickly adjusting to the dimmed lights. Huge tanks were filled with various water creatures, from fish to sharks, small little seaweed to a huge reef that took up the majority of the tank's floor.

The only lights were the dimly lit lights in the tank and the water ripples that were projected onto the walls.

It was peaceful, for a weekend. The only other people were a small family and two girls hand in hand, presumably on a date just as Reki and Langa were. Other than that, the labyrinth of sea life was empty, making it seem more ominous.