Chapter 2

Author's pov 

"Kahani, you are looking so gorgeous...I am sure ,Deep jiju is going to be flat seeing you." Shina said with an awe expression ,seeing her cousin's beautiful bridal look.

Kahani looked at her reflection to see her adorning in beautiful red wedding attire with minimal jewellery and minimal makeup but still she was looking stunning as ever.

Kahani's look

She smiled softly and said ,"You made me look beautiful, Shina." 

"What nonsense!!! You are already beautiful...I just enhanced it…" Shina said with a wink. Kahani smiled. 

Soon Kahani's mother entered the room along with her father.

They shared an emotional moment, seeing their daughter who had grown up within a blink of an eye and was going to leave them as well. Kahani was sobbing in her parents' arms. ...she was remembering her childhood, her moments with her parents...most importantly her sister Lekha who is no more. 

"Don't cry …. We are going to see the arrangements...you sit here okay." Kahani's mother said and she nodded. Her parents left the room, wiping their tears. 

As requested by Kahani,  Shina also left the room.

She stood up and walked towards the picture of her sister. 
She was missing her sister terribly.

"I so wish that you have been here….I didn't want this turn of events….never. " Kahani thought to herself and sobbed I agony.

Soon she was called downstairs for the wedding.
.
.
.
"Khush Raho. (Stay happy.)" Mr and Mrs Raichand blessed the newly wedded couple Deep and Kahani.

"Where is Disha?" Kahani asked Deep.

"She is in the guest room with Shina." He replied to her. 

Kahani nodded and excused herself as she went somewhere,leaving Deep confused.

In Fact everyone who was present there looked bewildered. 

Deep's frown got replaced by a smile when he saw Kahani coming back with Disha in her arms.

Now he is sure that he won't regret his decision of marrying Kahani as he witnesses how much she loves his daughter Disha which is hers as well from now.
.
.
.
Kahani is currently standing in a room and looking at the decorated bridal bed.

She was feeling anxious, suffocated and tears of pain ran down her cheeks. She never imagined herself to be Deep's wife ,it's always been her sister's place. She did this marriage only for the sake of Disha whom she loves the most. She thought for the sake of her (Disha) She would be able to gulp down the uneasiness of marrying her deceased sister's husband. But now standing in this room, she just wanted to run away from here as she couldn't cope up with the inner battle.

She wanted Disha to sleep with her but her mother in law forced her to leave Disha for tonight with them as she wanted the newly wedded couple to spend sometime with each other.

"No Kahani...you have to do this ..you have to do this for Disha. You can't move back and leave Disha. You will talk to Deep about the uneasiness, I am sure he will listen to you. Just don't give up." She prepared herself by self-talk.

Soon feeling a touch on her shoulder, she jumped on her place, turning around to see Deep standing behind her.
She was so deep in her thought that she couldn't hear the door being opened and his footsteps as well.

"What happened? Are you okay? What are you thinking?" A confused Deep asked her.

"Umm..no….nothing.." Kahani started to stutter.

Seeing her nervousness, Deep understood what was going in her mind.

"Kahani ,I know how our marriage happened. Trust me when I said that we will be friends...surely we will be friends. So you don't need to be nervous. That's why I shifted from my previous room to here as I know you won't feel comfortable staying in a room which me and Lekha shared before. 
This is our new start ,Kahani. Everything will be new...that doesn't mean that it is easy to forget our past...but we will try to remember it as good memories...I am sure that Lekha also wanted the same. 
Do are you ready to start our new life with our friendship?" Deep said ,holding her hand.

An overwhelmed Kahani had tears in her eyes as she was touched by Deep's understanding and caring nature. 

She nodded and whispered, "Yes." 

Deep smiled. 

Rest of the night they tried to get to know each other more by talking.
.
.
.
After a week 

"Kahani Bhabhi ji ,you go inside, Disha is crying. I will make the Chapatis ready. " The maid said entering the Kitchen where Kahani was preparing breakfast for her family.

Kahani hastily put her work down and after washing her hands, she went towards their room.

Entering her room ,she saw Disha crying her heart out ..maybe she got afraid ,seeing her room empty. Kahani's heart ached ,seeing her daughter crying her heart out.

"My Dishu, what happened beta?"Kahani cooed and picked her daughter in her arms.

Feeling her mother's warmth, Little Disha snuggled to her chest and her hysterical cries turned into sobbing. 

Kahani calmed her down by talking to her in a baby voice. Disha kept looking at her with her innocent eyes and giggled from time to time, making Kahani's heart melt in a puddle. She kissed Disha's nose to which Disha let out a small sound as if she was very happy ,getting the love.

Unknown to them, one person was watching everything from the threshold. It was Deep.

He was coming out after taking a bath but stopped at the door as he couldn't take eyes off the scene playing in front of him .

In this whole week Deep has noticed how Kahani took care of everyone in the house including him. His parents are in awe of her. She is taking care of her daughter as if she is her own. Though he has seen her taking care of Disha before marriage ,he never noticed or observed them carefully which he is doing now as they live under the same roof. 

Seeing her caring nature, soft and calm attitude and most importantly her patience ,he knows that he won't regret his decision of marrying her. 

His previous prejudices about her have washed away seeing her who is still playing with her daughter who in return is enjoying it.

A soft smile grazed on his lips.

Hello , how are you all?

I am back again with this story.

Tell me how's the chapter ?

Stay safe and healthy.

Do Vote,Comment and Share.