Chapter 2

Disclaimer: Penthouse characters and story are not mines. I'm just big SeokRona fans who want them to get a happy ending.
( ˘ ³˘)♥

================================

***

Seokhoon sat on the stairs, the white ashtray he had brought from inside the building lying down beside him showing a cigarette butt that he had finished before. He took a pack of cigarettes from his pocket, he took one cigarette from the pack again and lit it with a blue lighter that was always ready in his pocket. Not long after that, a circle of smoke came out from his mouth amidst the quiet dark night. He sighed, he looked back at his hand which was holding Rona's hand a moment ago. He thought he had gotten used to it, he thought he had accepted everything but the truth is he still felt unbearable pain with the fact that the one he always loved had now legally become someone else's wife. The question he had asked Rona earlier rang in his ears. The question he always asked every time he asked Rona a chance. A question that was a possibility, had he not take his hand off her hand on the 100th floor of Hera Palace that day. He again released another puff of smoke from his mouth making the cold air of the night again being polluted. If only he hadn't given up on their relationship.

Seokhoon stared blankly at the night view in front of him, he asked himself until when he'll be regretting all of this? Until the end of his life? He laughed at himself as if he wasn't at the end of his life right now. Seeing the woman he loves to spend her life with another man, he no longer has a purpose in life. He feels that his life is meaningless without Rona beside him for the rest of his life, without the girl he let her hand go six years ago.

"You know Seokhoon-ah? What hurt me the most wasn't when you broke up with me but because you looked down on my love for you. You told me that what you did was for my wellbeing but you never gave me the choice to choose to be with you or not. You didn't tell the truth about the reason why you broke up with me and you thought I would accept your decision after knowing the truth. You didn't give me a choice. You gave up on our love because you didn't trust my love for you. I could understand you and believe in you, but why don't you understand me? You should know I won't punish you for your father's fault. But you still let go of my hand and left me. That's why I can't take you back."

Seokhoon again released a circle of smoke into the winter air tonight, recalling Rona's words of refusing to come back to him, refusing to leave Han Jihoon for him.

"And you know why I can't leave Jihoon? Because he trusted me, he believed in my love. He was the one who gave his hand when I fell, when you looked the other way. He was there when I had no faith in love. Even after I rejected him, he still tried to make me open my eyes and make me see one more chance to love and be loved. He is always with me, not only promises but also proving it. That's the difference with you, he understands me, we give each other choices when one of us faces a harsh reality. I gave him the choice to leave me because of my mother's murderous past and Jihoon gave me the choice to give up when his family always did something to get in the way of our relationship. We give each other a choice because we are in a position where the obstacles are too hard and want to give up but we also realize that it's possible to stay together because of our love."

Seokhoon looked up at the sky full of stars in front of him. Rona's words were always right, he was the one who always justified his decisions. He repeatedly let her hand go when they encountered obstacles. Rona was right when she said that he looked down on Rona's love. She accepted him as Joo Dantae's son, the son of the devil, the son of the snake. Even when he broke their relationship up, Rona still stated that it wasn't his fault. Seokhoon was too weak, he thought too much of himself as someone who didn't deserve Rona. He should've let Rona decide that he deserves her or not. His mistake of letting go of Rona's hand that day gave others a chance to hold her hand. Rona was right, when she fell, he looked the other way, being true to the words he said when they broke up and it was Jihoon who stretched out his hand. Why accept all her habits and traits, knowing her favourite colours, favourite flowers and even hatred things, fulfilling his promise as an accompanist, if he doesn't put his trust in their love?