PHILZAS LAMENT

He folded his wings slightly as he stumbled through the snow, flying was not an option as his joints felt stiff from the bitter cold air, he sighed internally. He walked into the warmly lit cabin, wings shaking the snowy debris to the floor, his eyelashes felt wet from the constant falling of the snow. His hands shivered despite their numbness as he fumbled trying to light the fireplace, finally the sparks went through and he watched as the flames flickered hungrily.

He settled on the couch, eyes defocusing as he drifted to his restless thoughts. He was snapped back into reality when he heard the laughter, "Wil..?" his eyes flitted and scanned the room in a desperate attempt to figure out where the laughter was coming from. More laughter erupted along with an onslaught of voices amusement lacing every word "You little thief!" yelled a monotone rumbling voice but with a clear edge of amusement. His headache worsened and he brought his hands to his eyes, but slowly removed them when he noticed them. Two blue eyes peering up at him, he felt himself violently trembling as he stared back. A smile erupted from the younger, "Tommy..?" He felt himself say despite the knot in his throat, he reached out shakily only to grasp air, he felt himself lunge forward and fall face flat onto the wooden floor.

He didn't bother getting up as the laughter got louder, voices overlapping each other, one being mischievous and childlike, the other being light and bouncy, and the last being a deep monotone rumble. He grasped at his wings clutching them as the feathers shedded, the image painful as the memories replay in his mind. His wings brought to shield himself from no obvious threat. His sobs choked out and caught in the tense air of the house, he melted into the floor sinking deeper and deeper into his grief.

You're coming back

And it's the end of the world

We're starting over

And I love you darling

And I am done, dear.

He is suffering, he is grieving, he thought as the sobs shook the whole house. They were all but a distant memory of a time once clean and pretty. All he could do now is rest, rest until their haunting laughter left his guilty heart. His wings drooped as his energy drained and the laughter stopped. He couldn't tell what was worse, the memories or the suffocating silence of a house once bursting with life.

END.