five

Donghyuck is with Sungchan this time, but he wasn’t talking about Renjun; they were talking about him. Jung Disaster Gay Sungchan and how he knows Cutie Pie Shotaro and Handsome Stranger Yuta talk about him right in front of him.

“Just ask for his number! Or give yours!”

Sungchan shivers at the thought, “How would I do that!?” A part of him regrets asking that as he realized the person he’s asking is Lee Donghyuck.

“Just copy the movies!” He huffs, his arms flailing to emphasize his words, “Like, write your number on the cup or the tissue?”

“That sounds so cringy.” 

“Then ask for his number, coward!”

“Me? A coward?” Sungchan rolls his eyes and points his finger, “Says the one who won’t confess to his crush!”

“Woah, bro , don’t go there.” Donghyuck raises his hands in defense, “Let’s make a deal.”

Sungchan sighs and faces toward the entrance, “Not interested.” He was very interested.

“Fine, guess I’m never confessing to Renjun.”

“What!” He looks at Donghyuck again, resisting the urge to strangle him, “Fine, what’s your deal?”

The smug look on Donghyuck’s face says it all and Sungchan curses himself for being so weak, “Simple. You give your number to Shotaro, I’ll confess to Renjun.”

Right on cue, the bell on the entrance rings as Shotaro and Yuta enter the building. Sungchan wants to die, “Is it too late to back out?” He sees Donghyuck shake his head as he watches Shotaro approach the counter.

“Hi! Same as usual, please.” Shotaro looks up at the other and smiles.

Sungchan somehow finds it hard to breathe as he smiles back at the smaller. “Yeah, I got it.” He watches the other pay and goes to his usual seat with Yuta.

Donghyuck snickers at the interaction and grabs the other by the shoulder. “Tell me their order, I’ll make the drinks.”

“No! You’re going to do something, I know you will!”

“I won't!” Donghyuck rolls his eyes and draws a cross on his heart, “I prooooomise!”

Sungchan groans and swats his hand away, “Fine.” He shares the orders with the older and leans back on the counter. He crosses his arms and decides not to think about whatever Donghyuck is planning. 

Sho-chan! Why haven’t you made a move yet?”

“I’m not ready, Yuta-senpai! What if …” 

The conversation turns hushed and Sungchan sighs. What is he even doing? He feels like a stalker! A gossipping Auntie at the salon! Why is he eavesdropping on his crush? Why did he take the time to learn more Japanese yesterday just to eavesdrop more!? He knows he should really stop and—

“It’s not my problem that Sungchan—I mean, the barista is hot!” He ascends.

He feels the heat rush to his face, turning to look at Donghyuck halfway done with the drinks. “Hyung!” He whisper-shouts, begging for him to notice. Receiving a hum as acknowledgment, he tugs on his sleeve while ranting. “Hyung, holy shit—he called me hot! Hyung, oh my God.”

Donghyuck whips his head around and they both giggle to themselves like idiots, “So you’ll give your number right?”

Sungchan presses his lips together and weighs out the pros and cons in his head, ultimately deciding to risk it. “I’m going for it.”

The older wipes a fake tear from his eyes and hands him two drinks, “My Sungchannie… all grown up.”

“Yeah, yeah.” He rolls his eyes and smiles before heading to the receiving area, grabbing extra tissue this time. Calming his face down, he takes a deep breath and psyches himself up. “Shotaro!”

Shotaro appears before him and he smiles. “Thank you.”

He starts gathering words in his brain as he gives him his drinks. Biting his lip nervously before saying, “ So since when did you find me hot?

He feels a little bad when he sees the smile drop from Shotaro’s face before it gets replaced with a shocked one. He feels his face heat up again and sees Shotaro experiencing the same heat. “ Y-You speak Japanese?

A little. ” He presses his lips together again and thinks back to Donghyuck’s cup idea. “Wait a minute,” He smiles, switching back to Korean. “Can I borrow that?” He points to Shotaro’s drink, the other nods and gives it to him.

He grabs the marker and writes a little message in Japanese for Shotaro, along with his number, and covers it with tissue. “Don’t read it until you get to your seat, okay?” He gives his drink back and hopes the other isn’t too weirded out.

Shotaro only nods before going back to his seat and leaving with Yuta.

-

ao3: neverlands