Chapter 17 (Eight Days)

Sorry for the late update. Been busy with school and making sure my grades stay up. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and I will try to update soon. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------

“Have you talked to your mom yet?” Kendra asked for the hundredth time. I haven't heard from her all day and while a part of me was worried about this , the other couldn't give a damn. “For the third time Ker, the last time I spoke to my mother was when I sent her a text saying I was with you.” Kendra gave an exasperated sigh, “I know, I'm just worried she's going to show up and drag your ass home.” I snorted, “I doubt that will happen, they're probably doing something with Jenna, making sure she gets some education.”

Kendra gave me a smile, “I still can't believe your sister got kicked out of school.” I nodded in agreement, “I wonder what happen.” I asked more to myself than Kendra. “Does it matter? She's out, the only thing you need to think about is her being around.” I scrunched up my eyebrows, “Shes going to be home,” I cocked me head to the side, “She is staying at home again. I'm not sure if this is good or not.” I said to Ker glancing a worried look at her. “Honestly I wouldn't know Liz. I'm an only child in a fucked up family. I can't give you any advice about sisters, all I can do it agree with you when you call her a bitch or something.”

I smiled giving Kendra a hug, “What would I do without your honesty?' I asked. Kendra softly pushed me away, “Your life would be empty without me.” I rolled my eyes at her, even though I secretly agreed with her. “There they are,” Kendra said as a car pulled up in her block. “What makes you think that's Jack and his brother Junior?” I asked. She cast my a side glance, “Its called wishful hoping. Jack said he was five minutes away, I'm sure its been more than five minutes.” I laughed at Ker as I picked up a beach bag I borrowed from Ker off the floor. “Whatever dork, but you're right. That's Jack's car.”

Kendra clapped her hands excitedly as she picked up her bag. “I can't wait till we go to the beach and Jack sees you.” I raise my eyebrows as the car slowly pulled up. “I'm starting to realize you are way more excited for my love life than going to the beach.” Kendra smacked my arm as the car came to a full stop before us.

Jack got out of the driver side of the car showing his perfect smile. Before I had a chance to look at his basically perfect body, Junior hopped out of the passenger side and directly walked in front of my view. “Liz,” he said giving me a warm smile, “It is finally nice to meet you.” He said. I smiled back at him, now being able to clearly see his features. Unlike Jack, Junior posses dark brown eyes and a lean body. His skin was dark letting me know he got lots of sun time during the summer. His hair was cut short, looking clean, a haircut a older business man would have and to top it off his nose was slightly crooked giving the impression that he's broken it before.

“Hey Junior.” I said wrapping an arm around Kendra as Jack finally made it to us. “Kendra this is Junior, Jack's older brother,” I said motioning to him, “and that's Jack.” Kendra gave both men her perfect cheer-leading smile, something that she disliked but perfected. I looked over at Jack whose eyes where already on me. I gave him a smile as he walked toward me, grabbing my bag out of my hands, then taking Kendra's. “You guys get in the car, I'll put these in the trunk.”

Junior turned around to get in the car allowing Kendra to look at me and fan herself out while mouthing the word hot. I silently laughed making my way to the back seat of the car. But to my surprise, Junior was sitting there. “What are-”

Before I had the chance to finish the sentence, he interrupted me. “You go ahead and in the front Liz. I don't like sitting in the front when Jack drives, it gets me paranoid.” I cocked my head to the side, “Are you sure?” I asked while Kendra was shoving me toward the passenger door. “Junior doesn't like siting in the front much unless he drives.” Jack comment closing the trunk of the car. “Its either you or Kendra that's going to go up front.” I never stood a chance as Kendra opened the door for me, then quickly walked to back door on the other side to get in. I shook my head getting in the car and shutting the door.