After I'm gone

Days went by... Rene just couldn't stop thinking about the song. It wasn't exactly  the song. It was all the questions that he started to ask himself. It was all about the unknown future. A future that he couldn't predict or control. Rene had always liked to be in control of everything in his life and he was happy to say that for the most part he was very much on top of things. But now... everything had changed. Will she fall in love again? Will he make her happy? Will they be a happy family ? He just couldn't imagine her with someone else. It was too painful. At the same time he knew that he was being very selfish. She would still  be young, beautiful and so  full of life. How could he ask her to just stop feeling, stop loving and finally stop being alive. 

Celine knew that something was up. She knew her husband so well. After all they  had always been one. She knew that something was really bothering him. She couldn't really put her finger on it , after all everything was fine. They had worked everything out tour wise. Everything was set. They were still very much in love and RC of course was a joy. The love of their lives. Why was her husband so distant and strange? She had let it go for a couple of days but now she had had enough. She would talk to him tonight. She had learned years ago that the key to a lasting relationship is communication.So as she always says during her show "tonights the night'!

Rene had finished showering  and was getting  ready for bed. Celine was already waiting for him and trying to come up with the right approach. He laid down next to her and yawned 'My god I'm tired. I think I'm really getting old.  Well good night mon amour' and leaned in to kiss her goodnight. That did the trick! Celine looked  at him and said 'Ok let's have it! What is up with you? What is going on? And you are quite aware that you aren't getting any sleep before you come clean'

Rene wasn't expecting that and looked at her in surprise. 'I'm just tired, things have been really hard at work . I'm not getting any younger you know!' Celine looked deep inside his eyes and said' My love you can lie to the world but you know that nothing gets past me right? I know you and most importantly I know us , and something is happening. Now  look at me and let it out. Please...'

Rene wasn't the type of man to hold back his feelings. He laughed and smiled when he was happy, cried when  he was sad or emotional  and wasn't really interested in what others would think. She was right, they had to talk. He had to share his feelings. He just didn't know what and how to tell her. He wasn't sure himself about everything that he was feeling. He just knew that he loved her more than ever and that she was his everything.