Not exactly in my favor

It was raining. Great, another thing to hate today except for the reaping. The reaping was a part of the hunger games. The capitol would force 24 children between 12 and 18 into an arena to fight to the death, A boy and girl from all 12 districts. And today was the reaping of those 24 unlucky kids. I am Roselyn by the way. But everyone calls me Rose. I’m 14 years old and this is my 3rd  reaping. I have this typical district 12 look. brown hair and brown eyes. I’m walking to the town square together with my best friend Josh. I know what you’re thinking a girl and boy best friends, but I don’t fancy him. As we arrive at the square we have to split up. ‘see you after the reaping’ he says ‘and may the odds’ ’be ever in your favor’ I finished him. It’s kind of a joke. Because the woman who picks the names each year has been using it for at least 10 years. As we get to our places I can see my mom standing in the side line looking at me. She’s worried just like each other parent in the whole of Panem is today. I watch the major get on stage and do the same story he does every year. He reads the list of winners of our district (I live in district 12). There have been only 2 winners in the last 73 years and only one of them is alive. His name is Daniel and he’s the mentor. But he’s always so drunk that he’s no help for the tributes. After his long list of 2 people the major does the same story he does every year about the great Panem that raised from a country that was once North-America, bla bla bla. Finally when his boring story ends Pamela Pearl gets on stage. This year she’s wearing a purple wig. Last year it was gold and the year before it was sea blue. So it has to be a wig. Ah there it goes ‘Happy hunger games’ (told you so) and may the odds be ever in your favor’ Pamela sais ‘Ladies first shall we?’ ugh I just hated the way she talked. ‘Roselyn Atkins’ my head shoots up. That’s me. Oh this day just got better. I look towards my mom. She’s crying. Well that quite a logic reaction if you’re losing your only child. Silently I walk up to the stage trying not to cry. No I am not crying in front of the camera. They can’t think I’m weak. ‘who are you dear?’ Pamela asks me ‘well you just read my name out loud but like you already said I’m Roselyn Atkins’ she starts laughing in the most horrible fake way ever. ‘well now we have our female tribute, let’s pick a boy’ as her hand grabs through the bowl I’m just wondering about who it will be. ‘Josh Anderson’ no, no, no, no, no! Anyone but Josh. Well the odds weren’t exactly in my favor were they?