Kiss With Love!

"It's not working!" The director complains as Singto leans in for the hundredth time and attempts the kiss scene. He's hovering in the right place on the green screen, he's certain, but the director is still unimpressed.

Eventually, he calls cut on the whole thing and Singto pulls on his mask, snapping it into place as he heads over to the waiting area. It's physically-distanced, of course, and he can see Tae a few seats down, slumped over and catching a few minutes of sleep while Singto's been on screen.

He grabs his phone, ignoring the nine hundred and ninety-nine messages on Line in favour of flipping to his chat with Krist.

Did you get it, yet? he's written while Singto has been struggling with the scene.

Nah, it's so impossible!! He taps, flicking his finger to add a sad face icon and then turns as P'Dar approaches him for a touch up of his make-up.

Will you be about later for dinner and a game?

Singto smiles and P'Dar prods his face with the brush from a distance trying to get his attention, Yes. he writes, not even looking at the screen.

————

He's wrapped in his favourite sweater, cup noodle in one hand, tapping on his game with the other when Krist slumps onto the couch beside him, a similar cup in his own hand.

As he drops himself beside Singto he groans, "Too spicy. Nearly burnt my tongue off. Next time you are definitely not 'cooking', okay!"

Singto grunts in response as he taps away at his phone, "I was too late for Auntie's stall, she'd already sold out for the night, this was the best I could do at the last minute."

"We should have just met at mine," Krist complains, opening up the game on his own phone and logging in, "You owe me a head start tonight just for doing this to me!"

"You know I can't come to yours right now. Besides, you usually like it spicy.." Singto whines, turning it into a giggle as Krist drops his phone and digs his fingers into his waist. "Don't!" He squeals, dropping his own phone on the couch beside him as Krist starts to tickle him properly.

They end up with a wet patch on the sofa where they had both spilled their noodles and a terrible score in their first game of the night.

————

On set, Singto is pacing while Tae watches from his seat, "Stop worrying about it." The older man stands as though to reach out for him, but then remembers the distance they have to maintain and sits back down abruptly, "Singto, it's going to be fine."

"It's not really a BL without a kiss though, is it!" Singto moans, grabbing at strands of his hair as he paces.

The hairstylist dashes over and adjusts him from a distance, telling him to calm down and to stop ruining her perfect work. But Singto just grits his teeth and moans when she's backed away, "But no-one's going to be seeing this hair on screen if I can't get this right, will they?"

The director calls a ten minute recess and asks Singto to come and speak with him in the back room amongst the screens, where he's been directing from. "You know you're an amazing actor, Singto," he says kindly, "We all think that here. So stop beating yourself up. It's not as if this is easy. I know how badly you want this kiss to look realistic, but genuinely, we have no choice but to shoot it this way. Tae has too many other projects going on for us to risk you actually kissing right now."

Singto frowns sadly and nods, "I know, but it's going to look so bad. Isn't there anything we can do?"

Pan shakes his head, but then he stops and stares at his young actor, "Well, the only thing is.. I mean, this is going to sound ridiculous, but I've seen that in some places abroad, where they've resumed filming, they're using an actor's real partner for intimate scenes and just dressing them up in wigs and things so they match the other actor. I know it sounds silly, but I've seen it done. So, umm, you're not seeing someone right now are you? Like, someone intimately? Someone who could come on screen with you and kiss you? Because, if you were, we could swing that.."