Chapter 8: Dating

P.O.V. [Name]

I sighed as we continued to move toward the town we had been trying to reach for what felt like days at this point. I could finally see it starting to come into shape in the distance. It was at times like this I really wish that this thing she had was faster. I'll have to work on it some more later, cause if this is the average speed of this thing, it'll be months before we find these balls.

As we arrived in town she slowly came to a stop, it seemed fairly busy with several people walking around and talking. "Alright, we can rest here for a bit, the signal is stronger around here so I think someone in town might have it," Bulma said as she looked at us. I nodded hearing this and began to stretch slightly.

Riding on that slow, uncomfortable, primitive piece of tech for hours on end really is making some of my joints start to ache. Seriously even my space pod is for comfortable that that thing, and they were made for speed not comfort. "Hey Goku, see if you can't go find anything while we take a look around," Bulma said looking at him.

"Oh? Okay! I'll be back in a bit! Bye, guys!" Goku said as he began to wander off to explore the town. As he did, I turned to look at the female. She wasn't usually the type to get rid of Goku. Then again with me around, I guess she didn't really have too much to worry about when it came to being protected.

"So, what do you want to do?" Bulma asked as she looked at me moving much closer as she did. As she did, I looked at her with a small bit of confusion.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I looked at her.

"Well, we're alone, in this city. I'm sure you can think of something for us~" She chimed as she looked at me.

"O-oh," I said as I looked at her, it was obvious what she was implying but my mind was now racing as I thought of anything we might be able to do together. I'm only familiar with Saiyan customs, I have no idea what earthlings do when they're trying to seduce a partner. From how weak they are, I can't imagine it's combat-related, but if it's not combat-related then what could they do!

"Perhaps, a walk?" I asked as I looked at her causing her to smile and nod cheerfully as we began to walk down the streets together. She seemed happy with the suggestion, but I was still unsure of this. As I looked around, I saw several different buildings, restaurants, something called a 'cinema', a building where people appeared to be dancing, and even one where people were moving across ice. Why can't they just have something normal! Why do Earthlings have to be so weird!

Though, I did see a place that seemed to be a bit more populated than the rest of the town. It was a strange, place and I had never seen anything like it before. But I could see what appeared to be various couples walking in it together. I might not know what I'm doing, but at least I can learn from the locals. "Let's go there," I said as I pointed to the location.

"The amusement park?" Bulma asked as she looked at me.

"Yes, why is that suggestion . . . strange?" I asked as I looked at her. I was hoping I hadn't misinterpreted friends of the opposite sex, for couples. Cause if I did, then this certainly wouldn't be ideal for courting her.

"You seem nervous," she said taking note of me causing me to tense up a bit. "Are you alright?" Bulma asked snapping me out of my thoughts and back to reality.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine," I said as I looked at her, I could only hope I wasn't too obvious in my lie.

"Do you . . . not want to do this?" Bulma asked as she looked at me, her expression a mix of disappointment and sadness.

"N-no, I do it's just-" I began as I let out a sigh. "I don't really know what I'm doing," I admitted as I looked at her. "Where I'm from people didn't seek out someone they cared about, so I don't know where to go or what to do here," I said as I looked at her.

"O-oh," she said as she looked at me. "Well, let's go and you can tell me more about what they did where you come from," Bulma said as she looked at me. When she said this, I felt my face heat up as we continued towards this 'amusement park' and began to walk around with her.

"So, what is it you did where you lived?" Bulma asked as she looked at me and I sighed.

"When you were choosing a partner, you didn't choose someone because of your feelings. You chose someone for other reasons, to further your position, for convenience, or to make the next generation stronger. Your own personal feelings were rarely a factor when it came to such matters," I said as I thought back to Vegeta. "Though . . . " I began thinking back to when I was still there.

"Yes?" Bulma asked as she looked at me.

"I never did get that impression from dad and mom," I said as I looked at her.

"You didn't?" She asked, curious about what I had just said. I shook my head hearing this and we continued.

"They were always so much closer than others that I saw. I'm certain that even if they never said anything. They were together for their own preferences rather than what was custom," I said, having a single kid was the usual, and having two with your partner was rare, let alone having three such as they did. That must mean something right? Or at the very least, I'd like to believe that it meant something.

"I'm sorry," I said shaking my head as I looked at her. Not only had I avoided the topic of our parents for Goku's sake, but also because I'd rather not think back to the life that I would never be able to have once more. "I shouldn't bring up such topics during what is supposed to be a romantic time. But . . . may I make a request?" I asked as I looked at her causing her to nod.

"Since I am unfamiliar with the ways of how to properly do this. I believe it would be best if you were to take the lead. So . . . will you show me? Will you let me know how to win you over?" I asked as I looked at her, when I did her face turned a bright red. Though, it didn't seem to be because of anger. After a moment she smiled and nodded as she grabbed my hand and began to lead me further into the park.

She was taking me to ride the various contraptions, and while for an earthling I suppose they would be thrilling, they were rather boring for me. However, I pretended to enjoy it nonetheless so as to not worry Bulma further than I already had. After several rides, she eventually brought me to one of the areas where we could eat.

"Ah, that was so much fun!" She said with an excited and bubbly tone. I smiled upon hearing this and nodded.

"It was indeed," I said with a smile as I looked at her. "I had no idea such simple pleasures could excite you so," I said as something was placed in front of us. It looked like some form of drink, but one I was unfamiliar with. However, it did have two straws so I can only assume she intended for us to share the beverage. As I slowly took a sip of the beverage, I saw Bulma blush as she began to drink it as well.

As soon as I tasted it, I looked at her with an expression of surprise and moved back to look at this. It was cold, sweet, and somewhat thick, but not too thick, and it melted rather quickly in my mouth. "This is amazing, what is this?" I asked as I looked at it, and then back up to her. She seemed a bit confused before looking at the drink we were sharing.

"You mean the milkshake? I mean it's alright, I guess, nothing special," she said as she looked at me. Nothing special? Is she joking? This had to of been the most delicious thing I've ever eaten. I visited several planets when I was younger but none of them even come close to having food as amazing as this. Even back home, there wasn't anything that could compare to this. I vaguely remember our grandpa giving us something he called a donut once, but even so it still wasn't as good as this.

"Have you never had a milkshake before?" She asked as she looked at me causing me to shake my head. When she saw this, she chuckled a bit and looked at me. "Guess, that mountain of yours was pretty secluded, I guess it makes sense you never had a milkshake before," Bulma said as she looked at me.

She then began to drink it once more and I mirrored her actions. As I did, I slowly moved my hand closer to hers and placed it on top of hers as we drank together. This was a nice feeling, not having to worry about anyone else at this moment. I wouldn't mind if I could stay in this moment for a while longer. But I know it's only a matter of time before Goku returns to us so we can't stay like this for too long or else we'll miss out on the other attractions this place has.

I'd like to try and repay her in my own time when I learn how to properly woo a woman on this planet. But for now, having her show me what we're supposed to be doing wasn't that bad, in fact, if I was being honest, I rather enjoyed the feeling.