Chapter 1: The New Town

I'm in a mixture of excitement, and nervousness. The car has been moving for over 5 hours straight! My dad does not believe in stops on the road. He says they are a big waste of time. Thank goodness I went to the bathroom before leaving my house in Arizona!

I'm going from a large, mysterious mansion in Phoenix, to a smaller, enclosed house in Reinton, Montana.

There is some pros, and some cons about moving to a small unknown town in the middle of snowy Montana.

I'll be leaving my friends, family, and other loved ones, but who knows, maybe I'll find someone amazing in Reinton!

A half an hour goes by, before we pull up to our new, smaller house. I wish my dad did not get this job promotion!

I look in wonder at the two story, gray house, that is surrounded by a few other houses. A small neighborhood is not going to help with my popularity.

At least the house has two stories! I can't imagine having to live in a pathetic one floor house. I feel sorry for the losers who have to!

"How do you like the new house Layla?" My mom asks a few seconds after we walk through the door.

"It's bigger then I thought, but not as big as our old house," I say, frowning.

"We had to make some sacrifices for your dad's new job. This will be paying him a lot more! Maybe in a few years we can move to a bigger town like Salt Lake City!" She exclaims, failing to cheer me up.

I go back to the car to grab my belongings, and come back into the house dripping wet. In Phoenix it never rains! Here, we're lucky if we can see the sun through the sad, and gloomy clouds.

I bring my few belongings up to my room, which is large, but not big enough for my preference. I guess I'll have to deal with it though.

My closet is a lot larger, being able to store many of my clothes that my small closet back in Phoenix couldn't fit.

So far, this is the only reason I like Reinton.

School starts tomorrow morning. I'll be attending Reinton High School. I've never liked schools with the same name as the place it's in. They just bother me. Can't the schools creators be more creative?

As I lay my sleeping bag that I'll be using for the night on the floor, I think about what the other students will be like. Hopefully nice, and not toxic. I'll probably be unlucky.

10:00 PM hits on my clock, causing me remind myself to go to sleep.

An hour goes by without sleep. "Fuck it," I say, getting up from my sleeping bag, and beginning to organize my clothes, and other personal items around my room.

Midnight rolls around, and I am still restless. I decide to go look down the stairs, and see my parents lifting a television from outside. They must be working hard.

A few minutes later, I lay back down, and doze off after a few minutes.

**************

The ground beneath me is very hard and uncomfortable, causing me to get only a few hours of sleep last night. I am exhausted, but will have to go to school anyways.

I check my phone quickly, before going downstairs, to see most of my furniture in my house. My parents must have worked their asses off placing our belongings inside.

I get a bowl of cereal, which I force down my weak stomach, that just made up its mind, and decided to not be hungry this morning.

"The bus will be here in a few minutes, be ready!" My mom says.