Stranger

"TIL that serial killer sent in  letter to the newspapers that on the night of November 26 that he would kill again ." The Tv in the bar buzzed out monotonously. The small but usually busy tea stall was low on traffic today. The warm sun rained down through the windows , only a few occupants were sitting down with their daily newspaper or chatting on phones.

Call me young and call me reckless
Let a stranger close to me
Just one look and I knew better
Promised sights I've never seen.

I packed up my files and documents for the projects and assignments , paid for my drink and as I was about to leave a young man stopped me , he smiled and handed me my college I.D.

"You saved my butt from getting throwing out of the exam hall , thank you so much." I said .

"It's not a problem , I just noticed that you were from X College , it's not far from mine , wanna walk  to college together? I mean if u don't mind ofcourse." He replies

'ah so he is from that Y engineering college'

I know my mama taught me better
Cracked beneath your gentle pressure

Eventually I was charmed by him. He was so perfect , he was a gentleman in every sense.
I really couldn't asked for a better boyfriend.
Though I admit he did disappear a lot , I couldn't reach him no matter what . I had a feeling that he was cheating on me but when we finally meet after him disappearing , it felt so good , so the subject was usually dropped.
It really didn't matter.

Neon lights and sticky counters
In a haze we disappear
I disregard the ringing warnings
While you whisper in my ear.

It is the day of our date! I quickly shut down my alarm reading '6:30 a.m 26th November'. There was so much stuffs to do! I take my time and start to prepare, but before all that I need to feed my pet! It is a female praying mantis. She needs proper nutrition to keep her golden green glow.

Made me beg like I have never
You're no good for me My Stranger.

It was nearly 7 at the evening .I reach his home.
He opens the door and there he was in his handsome glory . I am having a good feeling about tonight.
We ate and drank and danced to romantic jazz. It was so cheesy that we ended up laughing.

At the end he insisted on washing the dishes. So I took on myself to explore his home.
I found a spider in a glass jar.
"You kept a spider as your pet?" , I mused.
"Yes , I find is fascinating how they trap their preys in their web and wait sometime before consuming it. It's almost like playing with their prey" , He replies.
"But enough about that", he leans down to kiss my neck , "let's have dessert".

We were laying down on the mattress when he started to speak ," I really enjoyed today , it would be a shame if  you go away".

I climb up on him and sit ,"Yes , yes its shame because I like you a lot too". 
Before he got to react I sliced open his Adams apple.

I dressed up myself and started to pick up evidences , 'well this need to burn' and cleaned the place out of any finger print.

"I like praying mantis , because by nature's  law after mating the female chops off her male counterpart's head and eat it for nourishment" , I said to no one in particular before closing the door.

"
TIL that serial killer who sent in  letter to the newspapers that "on the night of November 26 that he would kill again" was found dead in his apartment , many evidences were found in his apartment as hording objects from his victims  was his hobby. Was the letter sent to the newspaper a sui.... " .
The tea stall owner turned on the sports channel instead.
I pay my bill and exit the stall.