Chapter Two

Tilly-Jo's POV

I blinked. John Lennon. The John Lennon, was standing above me, putting out a cig.

"You OK, love?" He asked, his Liverpudlian accent prominent.

"Yeah," I said, "I'm fine."

He offered his hand out to help me up, and I took it. He heaved me up and I stood there, just as I was before all the madness.

"Do you have any idea how you got here?"

"Not really.. why?"

"Well, you just appeared, out of nowhere, in this alleyway."

"What year is it?"

"1959, why?"

"You're going to find this hard to believe, but I'm from the future. From 2015, actually. I seemed to sort of faint and I heard your voice chanting 1959 over and over agin as I sort of spun around. I just woke up here."

"I believe you, love, don't worry. What's your name?"

"Tilly-Jo. Some just call me Tilly or TJ though."

"I like Tilly-Jo. It suits you."

"Thanks."

"Come with me, Tilly-Jo," he said and beckoned me to follow him.

"Where are we going?"

"The Cavern."

I just didn't know what to think. I was going to see my favourite band perform on stage, live! This was something I never thought I'd ever see or experience. Even though they didn't have Ringo yet, I was still so excited. I followed John eargerly and he lead me down some stairs into a club which smelt of a revolting mixture of sweaty teenagers, alcohol and tobacco - it was gross. My skinny jeans and hoodie got some odd glances, but John kept a strong grip on my hand, and I felt safe. He lead me to the side of the stage, let go of my hand an turned to face me.

"Tilly, I have to go play now, OK? Just stay here and I'll come back for you, got it?"

"Yes. Go on then," I said, smiling and ushering him on to the stage, "I know you'll be brilliant."

John ran on stage and picked up his guitar. He looked back and grinned at me, and I waved at him. I saw George and Paul come on stage, followed by Pete and Stuart. I was electric with pure excitement. They sorted themselves out and then Paul made his way to the microphone. I wriggled with anticipation, grinning like an idiot.

"The song we'd like to play this evening," Paul said into the microphone, "Is Long Tall Sally by Little Richard."

I clapped my hands and swayed along to the amazing music, still suprised as to how compsoed I was. Song after song they just got better, and when they finished with Rock and Roll Music by Chuck Berry, I was extatic. John came off the stage with his guitar, George and Paul at his heels. I had no idea where Stuart and Pete had gone.

"Did you like it?" John asked, sweating profusely yet seemingly still full of energy.

"You were absolutley brilliant!" I exclamined, "Words cannot describe how brilliant you guys are!"

"Awh, thanks.." Paul smiled warmly at me, "Sorry, but what's your name?"

"Tilly-Jo, Tilly or TJ. Take your pick," I grinned even wider (if possible).

Paul smiled at me and John quickly said: "She's with me, McCartney."

"Well you lucky old sod then," Paul joked, though his eyes showed disapointment.