𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫, deena johnson.

Y/N L/N WAS known as the most popular, beautiful girl in Shadyside. She was only 17, in her junior year, one year shy of college. A lot of people had small, slight crushes on her - except Deena Johnson. Deena absolutely hated Y/N. The way she walked, the way she talked, the way she dressed, everything about her. Y/N actually liked Deena, they used to be friends. Well, before the L/Ns moved to Sunnyvale, then back to Shadyside. Then it was Deena's girlfriend, Sam. To Deena, everyone left except her brother. Josh was the only reason that Deena hasn't jumped off a cliff yet or gone crazy.

On this day, the Shadysiders were on a bus to Sunnyvale, for Heather's vigil. There were a few Sunnyvalers on the bus, due to there not being enough room for more. Two of those being Samantha Fraser and Y/N L/N, the two people Deena hated the most. The girl didn't expect them to be on her bus, but another thing she didn't expect, was for Y/N to sit right next to her.

Of all the people on this bus, why Deena?

Shit. Deena thought. Honestly, she wasn't going to make a scene - until Y/N spoke.

"Deena, can I talk to you?" Y/N asked shyly. Deena nodded in annoyance.

"Sure," Deena wasn't sure she'd like this conversation, but she had to try to talk to Y/N - it's been almost four years.

"Why have you been so...distant ever since I left?" Deena was mad already. How dare Y/N ask that question when she was the one who completely forgot about her.

"Distant? Distant, really Y/N? Because I don't recall you calling me almost every day for a year, hearing no response. I don't recall you being humiliated by your old best friend, do you?"
"Deena calm down. It was just a question!"

"No, Y/N! You're not the boss of me or anyone no matter how bad you want to be. You're just another toxic ass girl. Fake! Just like those jocks and the rich girls and the fake, slutty popular girls. What happened to the old, chill, smart, fun N/N I used to know? The one who was afraid to even talk to new people?" Y/N didn't say a word. Deep down, she knew Deena was right. But she pushed the feeling of guilt away and sat there speechless.

"Right, always being quiet. Because to your popular, rich girl bullshit ego, I'm just another wannabe. Well, no, I don't wang to be anything like you. And you can't be friends with me because you'll risk your shitty reputation, right?" Y/N looked down and started fiddling with her fingers as the enraged brunette continued. "To you and your fake ass friends, I'm just another loser."

a/n - please ignore this. i just had an idea and i wrote it and published it, it's so fucking crappy