1. THE CURLY HEADED ONE.

GUAZE - DEFTONES

YOU ARE NOW ONLINE

YOU ARE NOW ONLINE.

𖤐

FALL
OCTOBER 22 2021

MAXINE DEVLIN

I open my eyes, only seeing the clear sky and feeling the autumn breeze as well as the warmth from the sun. Everything in sight is bright and clear. Another brand new day that seems the same as every other day. It was foggy here in San Francisco yesterday but now it seems like one of those brand new days.

I yank out my wired headphones and shove them back in ny bag as I continue walking across the parking lot of multiple vehicles and a couple of families and adults also making their way to the festival somewhat like Coachella in California. I wanna go there someday.

"You!" I hear my best friend for me feet away in the crowd of people near the festival's entrance. Instead of keeping a straight face I had all day since I left where I live, I finally had a chance to smile as soon as I spotted her. "Ah... You again the only Divine I'll ever know." My hand goes to my chest and she gave me a shocked and a surprised look on her face before spreading her arms for a hug as she ran up me.

"The one and only Devlin!" She crashed into me, wrapping her tight arms around me enough to nearly suffocate me, "I've been waiting for youuu!" She moaned into my shoulder and all I could smell was her bath and body works perfume that's vanilla scented. Such a basic scent out of many others in that store. Aside from the main choice vanilla, she'd also search for anything coconut scented or cherry.

She hated flowers and I'm pretty sure Vanilla was a flower too.

"Me too." I finally spoke up, smiling onto her shoulder for a while before she pulls away to meet my eyes and meet her green eyes. "Are you ready?" She grins.

"The band?" I guessed, letting her take my hand. "Yes, the band." She confirms while she starts leading me where this band could be. "Get ready to make some new memories and many more, because we are not staying in this shitty town any longer."

Why are memories so important?

Is it because you just like to remember things or is it because they take you to an unknown place in your head and would want to play that certain memory like a scene over and over again?

It's nostalgic, right?

Memories are like... videos to me. Very old videos like being in the 2000s or early 2010s. You have the memory on camera but you watch it and you don't have to struggle with overthinking how to exactly picture a specific moment in your head perfectly. But if I'd have a nightmare it would look like one if those found footage horror movies.