I

This is the last place I should be

Alcohol, drunk teenagers, thumping music.

Not to be a Debbie downer, although I always am. This party is lame. As I assumed it would be.

I never like to ruin someone else's party mode, although my friends,  Siya and Celeste beg to differ. Spoiler alert, never believe what either of them say. They eat up gossip like piranhas.

But I promised both of them I would attended the one party before school starts. Since Siya and Celeste are in the "it" crowd, I expect them to show me why these party's are so hyped up.

However, they never told me the party was thrown by Zaire Alvarado. Aka the God of Sinclair Academy.

I sip from my second drink. I had one shot with Siya and Celeste as we arrived, but then they ran off, so now, I'm walking around with this cocktail.

I need a distraction from the scene around me. I can't believe they left me, probably to go gossip. Worst best friends ever.

It feels like the entire Sinclair Academy is here. Some dance to the loud upbeat music. Outside, few of the football players cannonball into the giant infinity pool - that I seen people piss in.  Others scream loudly as an tense game of beer pong goes on. I wish I could be them loud and care free.

But then again, nothing is worth jeopardizing my current position at the school. I'm a part of the invisible club. The type no one worry's about. I could miss a year and no one will notice. Although I complain I will like it to remain that way.

Invisibility is a cool superpower that allows you to be seen and then unseen.

If I really wanted it to remain that way, I probably shouldn't have chosen friends like Siya and Celeste. Before you judge they wanted to be friends first. I never made it a priority to make friends. One day they approached me and ever since they've been following me. Who am I, to deny them the right to be friends with me.     

I take a deep breath of the alcohol and the designer perfumes clogging up the air.

Fun. This night is supposed to be fun.

My definition of fun is either drawing self portraits or rewatching on of my many favorite shows.

Loud screams and cheers at the entrance makes we turn around. The room splits into two section making a wide opening in the middle.

Not being surprise that the football team walks through their personal red carpet.

I'm not going to kill my best friends for leaving me.

Maybe I am.

I make a beeline toward the back hallways of the mansion still hearing people cheering.

The schools obsession the with soccer team is absurd. Come on they're school kids.

As I walk down the half- empty hallways, my head feels fuzzy and disoriented.

I sway and bump into something.

"Watch it!" Someone grunts and another mumbles.

Shoot. I don't feel good.

I reach for my phone to ring  the girls. The numbers turn into blurry, wavy lines.

I hit Siya number screaming inside my head for her to answer. She doesn't pick up.

Come on, Siya

I try again ringing Celeste number this time. Goes straight to voicemail.

Just wanting to get out of here I start walking down the dark hallway again.

My hands shakes while I clutch my phone. A new source of energy washes over me, as I see a football player bring a girl over to a isolated room.

I run towards it as fast as my legs allow.

"Where do you think your going?"

————
Word count: 616
(Not edited)o
Thank you tatiannazz  for helping me with writing this book