Chapter 1

When I looked outside the window, the sun was slowly fading, trees were making soothing sounds as the winds passing. Birds are chirping and the calm voice of nature is nurturing my ears. I could feel the icy wind blowing through the window. I closed the window and move the curtain, sat on the chair, I had my coffee and my favorite book "Pride and Prejudice" with me. I kept the coffee on the desk and opened the book. When I was taking each taste of coffee, my eyes moved to the wooden rack which I bought a year ago. It was not the magnificence of the rack that pulled in me. There was a black leather bag. I closed my book and looked at that bag. I wanted to see what was inside that bag. It's laying down there for a couple of weeks. Finally, I grabbed the bag and opened it, there were a laptop and a book. When I took the book a photo fell from it. I reached the photo and looked at it, my eyebrows started to glitch. It was surprising for me to see myself in that, but I didn't remember anyone taking it. I felt annoyed, I looked into the book.

" Why he is carrying my photo" my mind was trying to resolve but I didn't find any.

It all started a year back when I moved to Bangalore for a job. I was all alone, after I lost my mother at a young age, my father tried to be there with me, but when he started another family, my stepmother treated me as an outsider. I was always alone until I found Sooraj. He was my college mate. He was my best friend, he was everything for me. But finally, when he cheated on me, I decided to move away from everyone. I came to Bangalore and started a new life. I felt vulnerable and never trusted anyone, so I lived alone in my apartment. I could still remember my first day in Bangalore, Walking alone in the street, finding the buses, asking strangers for bus stops, Memories from those days were horrible. The office was half an hour's journey by bus, Bangalore city was new for me, the crowd, different languages, culture. When I was on the bus my agoraphobia kicked in, the bus was crowded, they were speaking different languages. Eventually, everything seemed familiar, days passed by.

One morning, I was on my usual spot on the bus, the fourth seat from the back, the window seat. I started to feel like someone was staring at me. When I looked at him he smiled, His smile was so cute that, I stared at him for few seconds without closing my eyes. I  suddenly looked away and felt weird but his smile was special. From that day he was always there. Even though I didn't mind he always smiled at me. First, it felt weird but I was really enjoying it. He was tall, handsome, and had a cute smile. One day when he didn't show up on the bus, I felt alone in the bus, even though the bus is crowded. When I get down on my stop, I walked towards my office. On the way, there was a coffee shop, from where I used to take my morning coffee. When I looked at the shop, I felt surprised to see the guy from the bus. He was having a coffee.

First I thought to walk away but I didn't know why, I entered the shop and ordered a coffee, I sat behind him, he was typing something on his mobile and his black leather bag was lying nearby. When he stood, he noticed me, I looked down. He came to me and sat opposite. He started smiling at me. The smile was killing me as always.

" Hi, I have seen you on the bus, I don't know whether you noticed" He started.

 "Aaaahaaaa,...mmm".I wanted to say yes but.

He again smiled at me." Ok, See you, sorry what was your name" after that he stood up for leaving the shop.

 "I am Annie, nice to meet you".I responded with a smile.

After that, he walked away. When he was leaving I wanted to ask his name but I didn't.

That night I couldn't sleep. I felt bad for ignoring him. So I decided to talk with him the next day. When I entered the bus, my eyes were in search of his smile, I couldn't find him, but his leather bag was lying in his seat.

"He might forget to take " I taught myself,

" tomorrow I can give him his bag and ask his name" again my mind starts to spell.

                          When my stop reached, I moved towards the bag and ask the person who used to sits near him. That guy didn't have any idea. So I convinced him that he was my friend, and I will take care of the bag so that tomorrow I can return. I picked it and went to the office. I kept the bag near me and started thinking, about what to say when I returned the bag. I rehearsed myself. But when I reached my apartment I started feeling nervous 

"Is it a good idea to keep?" I ask myself.

                                    But I know it was late to decide. So I prepared to return the bag. The next day I carried it with me, I started from my apartment and when I enter the bus, again he was missing. I  felt terrible. I carried it to the office and back to the apartment. For a few many days I carried the bag but he never showed up. I was so confused and  I don't know what to do with the bag. Finally, I kept it on my rack.

*********************************************************************************************

 Forgive my grammar this is my first book, please give feedback so that I can improve and finish the story. Happy reading