Lady of Fear

The year 2098 T.A. :
The young woman looked up at the stars kneeling on the warm earth. Her eyes were as cold as ice and her moves, every step, controlled like in a practised dance of shadow. Her black cloak flew around her body in soft waves of silk and her hair shimmered under it in an undefined colour. No sound made her steps or breathe. She had the hand put on her swordblade as she came silently into the city of Edoras...

From far she heard the people whispering about her, they thought she could not hear but she did. She smelt the scent of fear which overcame all who saw her. It had became normal for her.

'Is this true?', they whispered. ' The lady of death...' 'They say only her look brings you a deadly chill and one touch of her skin banishes you to the darkness and the pain forever.'
So they talked.

She went in their middle and heard them all fell in silence suddenly. She put her sword out and showed it to all them circling around herself.

"Where is your king?", she asked. From her voice came chill and death, but there was a great wisdom in her. It was like every fear, every pain, every feeling and knowledge sounded from it. The people who heard it were banned.

"Where is your king?", she repeated and it took a while until one man had the courage to answer. "He... he rode out with his men in the morning...", he said quietly. "It seems he returns... right there..."

She nodded and bowed her head quickly before she disappeared close to the youg king.

"Théoden, son of Thengel.", she greeted him cold. "So you are the one who I have to carry for, to carry for he may be a good king."

He bowed his head. "I am.", he answered. She looked at him. "Aren't you afraid?", she asked in thought of the horrible task he would had to fulfill soon. "No.", he smiled. "Should I?"