Chapter I: Way Too Much Coke

Author's Note: If you couldn't tell - like Sarah and Hannah, Sam and Deena (specifically Sam) will vary between kind of to drastically different, due to the fact that Sam was parented by serial killers and let's not forget the literal Devil! Just as a warning if you were expecting the characters we all know and love and people spam me saying I don't know the characters. I do, but due to the altered timeline, most things will be very different. But hopefully, in the best way possible! Enjoy!

———

5th September 1995

This Summer was the best by far; so perfect and dream-like, Deena and I went to my family's camping lodge. (Where Camp Night-wing used to be, before the Sunny Slaughters!) We spent the whole time together, annoyingly, her friends and stepbrother would come along and be tediously insufferable. But, I promised Deena as well as Hannah I wouldn't kill them - for Deena's sanity and Hannah's motherly guidance.

I think I'm the only one that likes school, the system is corrupt and needs to change don't get me wrong - but it's the only place I can see my friends and girlfriend and have a bit of normalcy without all the serial killer ancestors. Also tip for future children reading this: Don't listen to Aunt Veronica - I don't care how much fun you want to have when you kill, you have to make it look CLEAN and CLINICAL — unless we say so.

Anyway, I have to get going, Deena is picking me up on her new motorbike!

- Samatha Fier: The 54th Ancestor.

Sam took the diary and put it in its designated place along the other diaries. Full of advice for future generations to come. Deena and her will have to do the old Hannah and Sarah and steal a baby, not the best representation but neither is murder.

Sam didn't eat anything, she knew Deena would bring her something: she always does. Sam always likes to guess what it will be, a sort of brain teaser for the start of the day. It's Monday, so she will have brought the weekly shopping yesterday, meaning she would want to treat Sam (And Josh) to something special, something like pancakes. Deena knew Sam's favourite was Nutella, maybe sugar - but never lemon or maple syrup. That's it, that's what she will bring her.

Sam saw Deena's motorbike coming through the peaceful driveway, with a gleeful smile under the helmet - Sam forced her to get one, she didn't care if it was a little bike for children, she would make Deena wear a helmet.

"Hop on then!" Deena shouted, as Sam obeyed and carefully got on the seat, wrapping her arms around Deena's waist.

Deena did something, Sam didn't know what exactly and the motorbike started to drive. Deena carelessly passed her the Walkman as Sam glared at her, "Eyes on the road, Deena!"

Deena chuckled at the harsh but loving request. "Play something on it, make it good though."

Sam quickly picked a random song, wanting Deena to drive safely and be with her at school — at ALL times! Grandma Eve would call her needy and pretentious, she was probably right, but how could you blame her? They are a couple in a small, homophobic murderous town. Obviously, her family are the ones doing the majority of the murdering, but Deena is too reckless and precious to be hurt.

Sam will protect her, like she always does; Samatha Fier is no one's reject.

"The Smiths? Nice!" Deena grinned as she imitated a motorbike's engine sound, beginning to drive faster. "Brum! Brum!" Deena and Sam laughed as the wind caught their hair and sun glinted in each other's eyes, shout - singing the song as they headed towards their first day of their last year of school...

———

Once at school, Sam and Deena met the gang, her brother took the bus since their dad was in a job interview apparently. Simon and Kate were talking about who was the hottest classmate in their years - teachers count too for some reason. They had a tie both between Heather Watkins and Adam Montgomery. (AN: Yes, I've been rewatching A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix!)