Chapter 1 Love and life

Her great grandmother was a pain in the ass at times. She called when you least expect it, keeping you on your toes, but for being her age, what could you expect? She was 80 years old, her grandmother being in her seventies, and her mother being in her thirties. Her great grandmother was born from a long line of people known for aging slowly, like it was a curse and a gift. They looked immortal, and rumors were spread, about their immortality. They all were goddesses or angels who disguised themselves as humans. Maybe even blessed with aging slower than others. Nobody knew their secrets.

All the town knew was the O'Ryans showed up one day, and became known for their manners and their kindness. They became known for starting a new home for the families, and for the youth, earning donations and fundings for creating a safe haven for those who needed new beginnings. They enjoyed helping those who didn't have a home, find new homes, buying them new luggage or whatever they needed to start a new life. Whether it was clothes, food, even a bed for the night.

All the people that ended up with the O'Ryans, knew nothing but kindness and love. They knew only the best, like getting access to insurance, and getting help with whatever was needed, whether that was getting help from social security or getting fundings for food. The O'Ryans had access to whatever their clients needed. They spent time and effort helping the helpless, but it took a community to help those who didn't need help or refused help.

Freya O'Ryan was fourth generation to help with Willow Lodge. A place that was also an abandoned mall. Everything  was renovated, with housing, and food courts and even some new stores for the towns people. There was even day care, and child care. There was even donations for food and clothes for all sizes. There was even donations for books for education and such.

When the building was bought and renovated, nobody thought about. Then it gained attraction, when it began hiring staff to run the food court and such, having lodging and such for those out of state. Everyone spread rumors that the mall was haunted and that this place wouldn't last. Families from all over began flocking to this lodge. The mall began holding Families in one section, with children and teens in another, being watched over by staff. Those who were homeless were helped with as well.

Yet, the building soon became quiet. Everyone who had lived there, all disappeared without a trace. It was like the world forgot about it, and it was gone without a trace. The questions that lied on peoples tongues remained unanswered especially after the O'Ryans disappeared. Gone like the wind, never to be seen again, and for those who did remember them, God only knows what stories they would pass on. It was as if time stood still, and for a moment, it was like you could hear the ghosts from the past. Whispering away in your ear as if it was an untold story yet to be discovered.