A Sweet Life

This story is only a draft and probably wont be updated until you least expect it. This is for Casper my cockatoo who recently died. So this will be for his memory

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a bright sunny morning like any other but for me and my brother it marked the third day that mother had been away, even father had long gone, so it was just me, my brother and a couple of uncracked eggs. Below our nest in a gum tree, men were moving around almost like the ants you could see on the branches that surrounded us. All of a sudden our started shaking and swaying, it wasn't a gust of wind cause no air ruffled our baby feathers. Crunch! the branch supporting our nest broke. Now I can't remember what happened after that.

I do know my next memory was of a young boy holding me in his hands and my brother was no where insight so i paniced I began scraching and biting the poor boy's hands, but it didn't work it only made the little human close the sun out with his hands reminding me of what my mother used to do with her wings. The thought had somehow calmed my panic and put me to sleep, wishing my brother was well.

Over the next few years lived with the human boy as he grew out of childhood into a man. One day he left, it wasn't as bad as before because this time i had a kind old woman to look after me and i had learnt how to speak bits and pieces of the humans language. Once again I have no idea how many years past until the old lady began having children over. Oh how I missed children they where so cute and naive. The children often came to visit slowly growning up and each time they visited there would be another child with them but this one was so small the others had to carry her around. After many visits one day I was taken into their car and driven to this strange place. I sat in the back of the car with the little girl. Suddenly there were many other voices all talking, shouting and laughing. I couldn't help it I joined in screeching along with them while the human man tried to keep me quiet, soon enough the children all came to  say hello then where on their way home as were we. I lived in a large cage specially built for me, and watched the children grow old again. but this time the youngest, which i had found out was the little girl woud still visit even as she grew. I loved her visits because everytime she would think of something to keep me and her occupied.

 It was saddening as the girl became old enough for something called "preschool". She was gone for six hour and then come home too tired to play with me so she used to just sit there and keep me company as I chatted on, but again the years flew by soon the girls visits became so rare. I missed them and I became lonely, I was aging growing too old to stay in the big cage, so I was moved to a much smaller cage on the humans veranda. I found out that to go to this "high school" the little girl had to pass by me, often she would just chatter to e while she wauted for her mum to drive her. While she was away it was so quiet, so I took a nap and woke up in heaven. Where I continued watching the little girl grow up, she made me proud she was kind, gentle and sweet, the only problem was she was sad.