Chapter 1

I slip the white lace gloves onto my clean hands. As I get ready for the last time this week. I'm wearing a playboy suit with bunny ears and the gloves. I don't like my job but this is the easiest way to earn money. Since my mom died I've been alone. This sounds very cliche but my dad left me when I was young so now I'm all alone in the world. I don't do boyfriends. They take up too much of my time and they'll leave anyway. I've learned to be independent and to take care of myself. "Jane, You have to go on stage!!", I hear Zoë screaming. I quickly stretch and then walk to the stage. I grab the pole and I start to dance. Yes, I'm a stripper and I'm not proud of it. When i'm done I wait, get the money and get as fast of stage as possible. As I'm wiping of my make-up, my boss walks up to me and says "WAIT! I'm sorry but you'll have to do a lapdance as well". *sigh*. I redo my make-up as fast as I can and I speed to the lapdance room. As I see the man I feel weird in my stomach. Damn he looks good. His dark brown hair looks like it's wet, but not too wet. It's styled in a perfect kind of skaterboy middle part and his eyes are a bit hazel/green. He is wearing a white shirt and the top 3 buttons are open. I'll leave the rest to your imagination but... Omg. I quickly ignore the feeling in my stomach and walk into the room. I lock eyes with him, damn he is handsome. There's the feeling again. Shoot. When I start the lapdance I can smell his cologne. I recognise it but I don't know from what or where. it doesn't matter it smells really good. I look him straight in the eyes as much as possible. Not because I want to, but because my eyes don't want to look at anything else. As much as I want and try to, I just can't. Only him and I exist. For the first time ever I'm not extremely happy that it's over. He gives me lets just say a LOT of money and looks me in the eyes. I can feel I'm blushing as he kisses me on my cheek and walks away. Well good lord. Even when I'm in my dressing room I cannot stop thinking about him. I really should've asked for his number. Omg I'm so stupid. Now I'll probably never see him like, ever again. I brush hear and clean my face. When I finally take off my clothes a little piece of paper falls on the ground. It says "You looked absolutely stunning, wanna meet?" And then what I think is his number. There's that weird feeling in my stomach again. I hate it. I put the note in my bag in a little bag inside of it so I won't loose it. When I'm home I' so tired that I just brush my teeth, cleanse my face put on my PJ's and go straight to bed. When I wake up I realise I dreamt about him. I DREAMT ABOUT HIM. WTF IS GOING ON. I don't know what to dooooo. Should I call him? Should I just text him? Should I ignore him to protect myself (probably the safest option). I'm going to keep my options open and ignore him for now. I don't want to look desperate anyway so this is a good solution and the right thing to do right now. The next few days I just do the things I would normally do as well but I can't stop thinking about him, his eyes, his hair, his... his... just him. I'm actually kind of ashamed. I want to be independent but this man, he does something to me that no one's ever accomplished before. That's special, right? I really don't know. As I'm overthinking literally my whole life I bump into someone. Omg, it's him. I quickly look down, say sorry and walk away as fast as possible. I run to the closest coffee show and order a iced caramel cappuccino. As I'm waiting for my coffee I can see him walk by, I want to dice away but he already sees me and smiles. Is he going to walk inside? Is he going to stay outside? I don't knowwwww. I genuinely don't knowwww. He's going to walk inside omg omg omg. I take a deep breath and suddenly I feel extremely calm and powerful. I watch as he walks inside and ouders his coffee. I look straight forward, shoulders back, chin up, nose in the air and sunglasses on my nose. My chestnut brown hair looks like it's laying over my shoulders effortlessly but trust me, it took a lot of effort to make it look like this. I'm wearing a casually but old money style outfit. As he stand next to me waiting for his coffee he starts to talk to the barista. I can't believe my ears. His voice is so attractive jeez. He would make it a lot easier to stay calm if he wouldn't look and sound like this. He's standing next to me but he says nothing to me. At this point we're both just standing there in silence. I want to say something so I'm thinking about what to say. Do I want to be bold? No definitely not. You know what? What if we're just going to be friends. With that idea all my feelings are suddenly gone and I want to say something to him but as soon as I open my mouth to say something the barista says my order number and I walk up to the counter to get my coffee. I take a seat outside in the sun and I enjoy the weather. It's such a beautiful day. What am I even worrying about. From now on my intentions with him are just friends. Right?