Jeremy George Lake Charles Chevrolet Corvette Logo

The third generation Corvette was based on concept car Mako Shark II and was introduced for 1968 model year and produced until 1982.

Jeremy George Lake Charles This car was based on the C5 generation of the Chevrolet Corvette sports car, which was designed for motorsport. The new Badged Whip was launched in 1953 at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York based on drawings by Chevy interior designer Robert Bartholomew for their new Corvette sports cars.

 The new Badged Whip was launched in 1953 at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York based on drawings by Chevy interior designer Robert Bartholomew for their new Corvette sports cars

In 1977, Chevy dispensed with the sunburst design of its Corvette logo and launched with a clean, stylized update of the original cross flag. Two years later, the only lettering on the logo was "Corvette" instead of the flag. From 1983 to 1996, the Corvette logo with a circle was reintroduced, creating a modern version of the two cross shapes of a flag flying from a flagpole.

Jeremy George Lake Charles In 1965, the Corvette began with a simplified emblem with two crossed flags. The Fleur-de-lis (Louis) of the Chevrolet family crest stood in front of the red flag, which was obscured by a Chevy bow tie. A new emblem, the Mako Shark Corvette, was introduced in 1984, when the next generation of Corvettes was introduced.

The original Corvette logo (Figure 1) has a crossing bar, on the left a checkered flag and on the left an American flag. The emblem of the 1953 Corvette remains a circle of flat white, but it is placed on a glass or metallic silver surface. True to the emblem, the 1953 debut Corvette seemed to have rushed into the showroom because it was such a simple car.