Twenty Six

Imani

October 15, 2021

Dylan and I move in at our house next month and I am overthinking everything.

"Hey, Ms Bitch. Stop listening to that stupid ass voice in your head." Di said over the phone. She was with Vic at the halloween shop buying props and stuff. So Amala wanted us to have a spooky photoshoot, we're at hair and makeup while Di and Vic were buying more props.

"I'm not listening to any voice in my head, Di. I just- I am scared this is my first time living with him and not comparing this to the Daveon situation but I do not have an ideal track record for staying with guys." I vent, causing her to sigh.

"You and Dylan will be fine. Living together will not be easy, because you're used to being alone, but once you start to adjust to that your relationship will build sturdier building blocks that will someday lead to marriage." Di mentioned, causing my heart to drop at marriage.

"Oh my god. I didn't tell Dylan about my mom's wish." I blurted.

"Why does it matter?" Di asked.

"It matters because I don't want him to think I'm using him to get my mom's inheritance." I spoke.

"Imani, you are so smart yet so dumb.. equally. Dylan has his money, you have your money. This not about money, bitch. It's about Dylan loving you enough to want to give you his last name. Which will happen." Di said, as I started to recieve another FaceTime call.

"Hold on Di, I'ma call you back." I said before accepting Solana's call.

"Imani, stop fucking playing with me." She said while I was laughing.

"Yoo I swear I didn't mean to do that." I said while cackling.

"When I see you, it's on sight." The phone hung up and Amala smiled. I showed her why Solana was mad and she laughed.

"You are such a dick." My friend said before laughing again.

Amala and I had finished taking our solo and duo shots, when Vic and Di showed up. They had changed as quickly as possible before getting in positions alongside us.

We had taken the photos and they looked so great. My phone was ringing in my pocket and I answered.

"Hello." I spoke.

"Hi babe, so I got the stuff for tonight, they were out of salsa- we may have to make it." My boyfriend announced over the phone.

"That's fine, love. Get the other ingredients to make it." I informed him, as Amala walked over to me.

"Okay , what time are you guys going to be headed over here?" Dyl asked, while I heard the checker scanning the items.

"We're finishing up now, around twenty minutes." I answered.

"Okay, well I'm checking out now. I'll let you know when I'm at home." Dylan says, before I hung up the phone.

"He got everything for tonight?" Doja asked.

I nodded, while walking to our changing room. "Everything but the salsa, we can make that from scratch though." She closed the doors as we started changing into our regular clothes.

"I'm so excited, we haven't done this in years!" Amala exclaimed, making me scoff.

"Yeah, because we all grew up and started our own separate lives." I was jumping into my jeans and they stretched a little bit. "I just had these on.. why are they stretched out now?"