𝐝𝐞𝐮𝐱

______

______

Irina! Irina, would you help me with my hair, I can't seem to get this curling iron to work. ❞ Briar said as she stepped in front of the blonde woman as she held up the pink curling iron in front of her.

"How do you always manage to make things not work, Bri?"

"I think this new-age stuff hates me..." Briar stated, sort of confused on how she hadn't managed to work a simple curling iron. it had been about 73 years since she had been turned. She was much younger compared to the other women in the coven.

"Where are you headed to again? We need to be sure that we're prepared for the wedding." Irina asked her as she started working at Briar's hair.

"Ah! I'm going into town to that pet store to buy a nice tie and hat for Fred!" Briar smiled brightly at Irina through the mirror as she spoke excitedly of her dear per Fred.

Fred is her pet possum she had met one day in a forest clearing that was sat scavenging for food. She then brought him home and got him some food. He always prefers her famous blueberry muffins over everything else she makes. He's been with her ever since and she had intended to bring him along with her to the wedding—he was very well behaved and meant a lot to Briar.

Irina smiled at her through the mirror and said, "Alright just make sure you're home in time to get ready to leave. We're excited for you to meet them, you were traveling around during their last visit."

As she finished her hair, Briar stood and hugged the woman tightly—she had always been closest with Irina, and after recent events they have never been closet. "Thank you, sister. I shall be back in plenty of time."
______

"Hi! Excuse me, miss. Yes, do you possibly carry any clothing items for rodents? Like—biiig rodents." Briar expressed holding her hands out at about to about the size of Fred.

"Um. No, i'm sorry I don't think we do." the worker replied with a very confused face.

"Oh that's alright, how about a small cat?" she asked.

"Uh- right this way..?" the worker replied to Briar as she walked her over to an aisle in the store filled with cat clothes.

After thanking the worker, she scanned over the choices until she found the correct items, "Ah! This'll be perfect." Then she grabbed all she needed and headed to the cashier to check out and head back home.
______

Once home the girls told her to start packing since she'd take slightly longer, having to pack things for Fred as well.

"Do I really need to come with you to this stupid thing?"

"Why of course you do, Fred! I know you don't like big gatherings but i'll carry you around the entire time, I promise." Briar said as she turned to smile at the large rodent sitting on her bed she kept for decor purposes.

"I still think this is a dumb idea. You don't even know either of them!"

"Yes, i'm well aware, Fred. But if everyone agrees they're a lovely family, then I think it'd be wonderful to introduce myself." Briar said as she finally finished getting her bag ready, "Alright, all done! Now we must prepare to head down in the morning."

"I hope you know i'm doing this for the muffins."

Briar laughed loudly craning her head back as her laughter echoed around the room.

"Yes, Fred. I know you're only doing this for the muffins. But I have this strange feeling, I can't tell for sure yet but it seems like a good one." She said as her laughter ceased and she smiled down at her furry friend.
______

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞

ooo the family will meet briar in the next chapter! and the wonderful idea for fred was given to me by my friend maaadison999 as i was telling her about how i'd like to continue with the story! :)

i also apologize for the chapters being so short, i don't want to cram too much into each chapter, so that just means there will most likely be more parts!