chpt 6. drunk glasses

"it's finally the weekend!" you groan into the phone, plopping down on your bed. from the other line, the sound of your mother releasing a chuckle fills your ear.

"you must have a lot of work to do huh?" she says, and you sit up crossed legged on the bed. "not really, this week was pretty smooth since it's only the start. however, once this week starts i'm sure it'll be hectic." you reply. your mom hums understanding.

"well..have you made any friends?" your mom asks, you let out a sigh and stare up at the ceiling. "yeah, i guess i have." you said.

"that's all you're going to tell me? come on, tell me their names!" your mom shouts and you giggle softly. "their names are intak and—" you begin, but stop momentarily.

"and?" your mom says quietly after the short silence. "and theo." you finally reply, an anxious feeling unknowingly making its appearance.

"theo? from the way you hesitated it seems like there's something more going on with you and this theo." she emphasizes his name and you scoff. you had really only hesitated because you weren't sure if telling your mom you had met your childhood best friend was a good idea.

"no mom, it's nothing." you say, feeling her slight smirk from the other line. "oh really y/n?" she teases even more.

"leave the girl alone." you hear your grandma's voice in the back. you smile visualizing the whole scene in front of you. "y/n.. you go do what you need to do! we will hang up now!" your grandma shouts and you laugh.

"okay! love you." you say into the phone. you all say your goodbyes and then you finally hang up. you take a glance at the time and it displayed 4:40 p.m. it was friday and you had came back from your last class a while ago.

you didn't really have any specific plans for the weekend. the only thing you were planning on doing was relaxing whether that meant at home or at the school's library. however, there was one thing occupying your mind and you were still deciding whether you should attend the event or not.

"so you've heard right?"  intak says, nudging your shoulder as you both make your way out the main building. "heard what?" you ask, looking straight at him.

"a senior is holding a party near your area on saturday. are you planning on going?" he asks, you remove your gaze from him. "no, why would i? parties never end well and it's usually a bad place for freshman's like me." you state.

"mm you're right." intak mumbles. you turn to face him again. "how about you? are you going?" you ask and he nods.

"yeah, the person hosting the party is actually a friend of mine. theo and keeho are also going." he replies. you bite the inside of your cheek and nod.

"just know if you're ever planning on going, we'll be there so don't worry about being alone. i hope to see you there." intak smiles, going his way once the two of you made your way outside.

"i guess just one party won't be too bad.." you mumbled to yourself.

or so you thought.

the sight of drunk students filled the front lawn as some tumbled everywhere and even threw up at the side of the house. you scrunch your face in grimace as you stared at the nearly packed house in front of you. the sun had set and you arrived at the party in a light attire. you wore a satin black crop top with your unfavourite pair of light blue jeans. you never really knew how college parties worked but if you knew one thing, it was to never wear something you truly cared about getting stained or lost.