Chapter 4

Niall and me talked a long time. We talked about everything that had gone on in the past couple of days. It was weird Niall knew everything that I was going through. I told about that girl who punched me in my face. Niall said it was his ex girlfriend. It was getting really late so Niall went home. I could tell he felt bad about how my parents don't notice me anymore because I look exactly like my sister.

My parents came home at one in the morning. Anyone could tell they were drunk out of their minds. Since my sisters death they have been drinking everyday and coming home really late every single night. They honestly didn't care about me one bit. I mean it's not like I needed them well who am I kidding I do need them. I need someone.

I realized I had to go to school tomorrow. It was really late. I drifted into a deep and peaceful sleep. I didn't dream because I had to many thoughts all I saw was black.

"Beep Beep" my alarm rang as loud as it possibly could. I swear it has a mind of its own.

I slowly opened my eyes and sighed. I checked my clock it said six o clock. I had exactly thirty minutes until Niall would come pick me up. I got up and walked over to the mirror. My bruise was basically completely gone. I put a little of foundation on it just to be on the safe side.

I picked out an outfit in my closet then threw it on. I looked in the mirror and sighed. It was different now getting up in the morning. My sister would always help me get up and get ready in the mornings. She would even sometimes help me pick out cute outfits to wear. I slipped on a bracelet she had once given me. It was my favorite bracelet ever it was purple and had two diamonds in the center. It was beautiful just like she was.

"Knock Knock"

I heard the door and figured out it was Niall. I quickly picked up my books and slipped them into my bag. I ran over and grabbed my waffles out of my new toaster.

"Hey let's go!" I said to Niall. He looked so handsome. He would never like me I can't even picture anyone really liking me.

"Nichole you look beautiful. " Niall told me and I could feel my cheeks heat up. I just giggled trying to keep him from noticing my bright red cheeks. I honestly didn't look beautiful . I looked tired and sad which I was. I had no idea where he got the word beautiful from.

"Niall you look handsome." I said smiling and his cheeks heated up just like mine did.

We got to school I walked into the office asking for help on finding my classes. This time my student tour guide was Niall. He showed me around everywhere. He introduced me to almost all of his friends accept his ex girlfriend which I didn't want to know her so I was glad he didn't. The school day was almost over and me and Niall had last period together. The class was drama, one of my best subjects so I was excited. It was a fun class I must admit. It was the first time in months that I felt genuinely happy. I didn't have to force laughs and smiles, they came naturally for the first time I could even remember. It was amazing.

Me and Niall walked home laughing about what the teacher had told us.

"Yeah shes like clean up lovebirds! Where did she get that from?" Niall said laughing and I laughed too.

"I know right who does she think she is?" I said laughing and by this time we were almost in tears laughing so hard.

We reached our houses and said goodbye with a quick hug. I walked over to my front door. It was open. That was weird considering my parents never left it open no matter how drunk they were. I walked in very carefully preparing myself for what I was about to see. I didn't want to go in but I had to.

I slowly creeped into my house trying to make no noises at all. I walked into the kitchen and saw my parents on the floor with a puddle of blood surrounding them both. I screamed as loud as I could. I heard something move upstairs. I ran out of my house and over to Niall's house. I knocked on his door by the time he answered I was in tears.

"What happened to you?" Niall asked I didn't even think to answer instead I ran over to a phone and called the police as fast as I could. I knew the person who had just killed my parents was still in my house. I told the police everything I had just seen and they came right away.

They ran into my house and caught the person who had killed my parents right away. I wanted to see the persons face. I walked out of Niall's house and over to mine. I could see Niall, he looked really confused about what had just happened I didn't bother to tell him because I knew I would start crying again. When I reached my house the police were about to leave. I looked in the backseat to see my sister sitting down in the backseat. Yes you heard me correctly my sister. The same sister that overdosed on pills in front of me many months ago was sitting in the backseat, she had just killed my parents.

She was defiantly not the same sister who I thought had died. I gave her the dirtiest glare before the police drove away. I had no where to go but Niall's to explain what had happened. I was crying loudly by the time I entered Niall's house.

"What just happened?" Niall asked me

"Well I just walked into my house found my parents dead and saw my sister being put into the backseat of a police car." I said barely getting those words out without crying my eyes out again.

"Wait the same sister who killed herself?" Niall asked with a confused look on his face

" That's the one." I said while sobbing my eyes out onto Niall's shoulder.

"I'm so sorry I'm completely here for you! If you need a place to stay you can stay here with my family I mean if you want no pressure." Niall said while he was cuddling me in his arms.

"That would be great thank you." I said trying to smile while still crying but it didn't work out.

It was weird I felt safe and calm when Niall was hugging me. I didn't really react to what had just happened. I didn't know how to react. My sisters death was a lie and my parents death is real. Most everything for me

Is a lie now. I just hope Niall's love for me isn't a lie. He's the only person I have now.