A recollection of thoughts

We now return to Izuku and Momo, racing across on their return to UA, a new energy invigorated in both of them after their recently blossomed bond, burning brightly after it's deep slumber.

After all they had been through, both recently and in the past, this was a welcomed change of pace....

"TIME FOR A CHANGE OF-"

"SHUT UP EGGMAN!" A blue hedgehog exclaimed before homing attacking the good doctor...

Ahem...anyway (if u understood the joke, your acc a G)

Izuku in particular had never felt so much more alive in recent history, part of his emotions finally unlocked for the public to see, a smile, though faint, imprinted on his face as he watched Momo from the trees running through the forest with a spring in her step.

'I'm glad she's feeling much better now...' the green haired teen thought whilst keeping up with his...girlfriend.

It was still an avenue he wasn't necessarily prepared for, after all he spent so long on the single minded road, that to be even this expressive felt like a new sensation.

Though of course one he was grateful for.

"Izu! We're almost back, so why don't you quicken up and catch up?" The black haired girl remarked, winking with a sly smirk at her...boyfriend. The one who was there for her all along. The one that was meant for her all along.

She regretted being in the illusion that she was part of with Todoroki. All she was, was a mislead girl who was hopelessly infatuated with someone who ultimately used her for his own benefit...

And she hated him for it...

'You were my everything...And all you did was make me fucking sad...i shut them all out for you...because I was just a kid...'

She thought in her head, recollecting a song Izuku had once played on his headphones that she now cherished. It wasn't necessarily her type of music, but it resonated with her.

(if you haven't listened to Happier than ever by Billie Eilish, listen to it. It's amazing)

But now she could leave it behind. Izuku was now who she could call hers. perhaps it was always meant to be him and not Shoto...but now that she had Izuku

She wasn't going to let him go...

Izuku lightly smirked at Momo's remark and sped up, running alongside Momo as they approached out of the forest towards the main city on their way to UA.

It was certainly going to be an eventful few days...

______________________________

Aizawa looked at his class on his tablet, pondering over the matchups for the student vs staff matches...

Last time he was tasked with a similar job, he ended up forging the unlikely alliance between Izuku and a then much more aggresive Bakugo. His selection of teams was on point last time...it however was now time to see if he could replicate it in a one on one format.

Looking through his notes however, a frown formed on his tired face, noticing his section on his former student...a quiet teen fueled by hidden greed, now locked behind bars...indeed, it was a sorrowful fate for the son of the provisional number 1 hero...but alas one that cannot be avoided.

Though that didn't necessarily mean everyone was happy.

He then remembered his own intervention in Izuku and Todoroki's brawl, an idea springing into his mind, one that could show just how far Izuku had come...and potentially bring him back to being a hero.

After all, it's never good to live life without closure...

________________________________

The couple finally reached back at UA dorms, still with time to spare. Momo stood for a few seconds, catching her breath whilst Izuku stood there, a bead of sweat not even dripping down from his face.

'You and your crazy stamina Izu...' she thought, a tad jealous but also proud of Izuku and how far he had come.

Izuku then gently grabbed Momo's hand, and dragged her towards him before bending down on his knees.

"You're tired Momo...come on hop on my back."

"Are you sure Izu? I can walk."

"But do you want to?" He questioned, a sneaky glint in his eyes.

"You've got a point" the girl giggled shyly before hopping onto his back, wrapping her arms around his neck as he piggybacked her to his dorm room, carefully as to avoid attracting attention from the rest of the class, though most likely they would be in their own rooms, either sleeping or Netflix binging.

As he carried her, she began to feel the fatigue settle in, her eyes fluttering shut as she feel asleep on her lover's back, earning a small smile from Izuku.

'This girl is going to be the death of me...'

Successfully making it to his room, he entered and put Momo down on his bed, laying her down and wrapping the covers around her.

After making sure she was comfortable and asleep, he changed out of his old hero costume, a suit he now wore during training.

As he was about to set up a mattress on the floor however, a soft voice spoke out, tired.

"Izu?" Momo yawned out. "Why aren't you sleeping here?"

"Don't worry Momo. I'm right here beside the be-"

"No!" She cutely exclaimed, pouting, and patting the bed. "Sleep here, next to me."

"...I can't say no to you can I?"

"Do you want to say no though?"

"...touché."

He joined Momo under the covers, as the girl lifted herself to rest on Izuku's chest, wrapping her small arms around his body and cuddling the green haired teen. Izuku sighed, before wrapping his own arms around her.

"Goodnight Momo...rest well"

"Goodnight Izuku...I love you."

Izuku smiled softly and kissed the top of her head, causing  her to smile as she dozed of. But not before smiling even more at the next few words.

"I love you too Momo..."

To be continued...

You guys know the drill. Vote if you liked this chapter and comment any feedback, suggestions or if u just want to chill and talk. memes are also valued here, but let's not go overboard...😅. It's all aprecciated here, and let's me see who still has an interest in my stories despite my absence.

See you guys next chapter. Take care
Bye for now 👋