Chapter 1

Y/B/N= Ur Barrel name

-

You're a mercenary in Ketterdam. You'll do heists and threats and pretty much anything else they need (except murdering innocent people). Due to living in a place notorious for the amount of powerful gangs, you have a considerable amount of money.

You're heading to a meet point for the Dime Lions now when you see a certain someone in an alleyway on the Lion's turf.

A certain Kaz 'Dirtyhands' Brekker.

You look at him for a moment. He could be a powerful person to know.. Then again, you're on a mission.

You take two steps toward the meet point then, unable to resist, you turn towards the infamous leader of the Dregs.

You walk towards him. "Brekker."

He looked at you for a moment, calm and calculating, then looked away from you. "And you are?"

"Y/B/N."

He looked at you again, seeming to stare into your soul. "As in the mercenary?"

You nod. "Yes, as in the mercenary."

"And why are you on the Dime Lion's turf?"

"Ah, so you do know where you are."

He stares at you for a moment.

Meanwhile, you look at his much-feared cane in interest. No wonder everyone is so intimidated by it; that could do a lot of damage. It looks brutal and with a strong enough owner it could easily be used to knock someone out... maybe even break bones. "I was going to a meet up point but then I saw you. Why are you so far from home?"

"So you're on a mission. Why didn't you go tell them I'm here, then?"

"They hired me to threaten someone, not tell them if I saw someone who didn't belong on their turf." You smirk.

"That's a bit deceitful." You think you see his lips twitch, but assume it's a trick of the light.

"You need to be to live in the Barrel."

He stares at you for a bit longer. "What weapons are you most comfortable with?"