A Song Of Revelations

A/N: Hi guys! I wanted to try something new with another Alcina/Maiden fic! 🥰 If you enjoy the premise of this, I'll continue it! I'm still working on "Oh, To Be The Lady's" don't worry! Thank you for all of your love and support! 💙💜💙💜

**TRIGGER WARNING FOR GRAPHIC ABUSE, NEGLECT AND VIOLENCE**

**Inspired by the wonderful @RadioactivePaws and his equally as beautiful A/B/O Alcina/Maiden fanfic on Archive of Our Own, which you should 100% go read please**

LINK:  https://archiveofourown.org/works/32591674/chapters/80846014 

__________

The dark leather of your collar digs into your neck.

The lines of it are harsh, ragged in a way you know so well and you almost lean into the familiarity of them, the burn of it. They're a way for you to know you're awake, to know you aren't floating in the recess of your mind, no longer dreaming for a few blissful seconds and you're almost grateful for that.

"Wake up." Your father tells you everyday, the sole of his dirty boot digging into your back and you swallow down a whimper. His Alpha scent is like ash against your mouth, choking you and all you can do is follow his orders. "Your Mother cut her hand making breakfast."

You nod. You know what this means. Holding your own hands out, you wait as your father unlocks the cuffs, resisting the urge to rub at your sore wrists. Dark eyes narrowed in disgust, your father finally steps back with one final push against your ribs, and you weakly sit up in bed. Your room is plain around you, the same mildewing walls, the same broken dresser and cracked mirror.

Following your father out of your room, you venture down a short hallway, passing the closed door of your older brother's room.

He had visited you last night, the first time in a few years. Your heart had soared when you had finally snapped awake, pounding in your chest with a type of joy you weren't used to feeling. When you whispered, your voice cracked.

"Daniel--?"

From his place at your doorway, the whites of his eyes had glowed silver in the moonlight. "Mother heard you sneaking around downstairs earlier."

You had frowned, sitting up in bed. Your cuffs were still tight around your wrists, digging into your skin almost as much as your collar. "I don't-I wasn't--"

"Don't lie, Ellie." The nickname against his lips was poison, vulgar in it's filth. His fangs glistened. "Working your magic, tricking us. I saw it, I know it."

He had hit you then. Snapped your head back from the force, his own knuckles smeared in blood and when he finally had the grace to leave you be, your nose was so clogged that you couldn't even smell your own fear-scent. You don't bother to defend yourself, however. As an Alpha, your brother was far stronger than you could ever hope to be.

Thankfully, your father failed to notice the dried blood along your face this morning. Daniel had forgotten to punch your other eye. Your father always hated leaving things half-finished.

Making your way into the kitchen, you keep your head down. Your scent leaked out, however, heavy in your pain and lingering fear and you flinched away from the warning hand your father raised.

"John." Your mother speaks up from her place near the stove, her right hand held in her other. She's bleeding, you can see the crimson stains smeared into the creases of her palm. "Please."

She's not begging for your own mercy. You know this. Your mother is as selfish as she is greedy and you know she needs you. Needs your magic.

"You might not even bother finishing breakfast." Your father says. "Not with her disgusting scent stinking up the place."